• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

02 smoking on startup and while driving till temp

I definitly dont want to maintain a 4th gen. it would just be nice to have the cab space with two kids. 

One nice thing about our 2nd gens is the parts to seam to quit abit cheaper. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2018 at 5:42 PM, Reg02 said:

Whats the most reputable place to buy a pump? 

mine is tapped and if I remember correctly I can’t use it as a core??

Whatever you do.... Dont use "Little Power Shop"  I just had to replace a cracked head.  Bought one from that clown.  He took my money and jerked me around for over a month.  Finally canceled the order. I never did get a refund from that jerk.  Credit card company gave me a credit and went after him.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ddmk6 said:

Whatever you do.... Dont use "Little Power Shop"  I just had to replace a cracked head.  Bought one from that clown.  He took my money and jerked me around for over a month.  Finally canceled the order. I never did get a refund from that jerk.  Credit card company gave me a credit and went after him.

I've read some reviews about that Clown, I can't believe people have balls to do that and no conscience or soul. Also I can't believe someone didn't drive down there and beat the crap out of him and took whatever he had to make up for the losses, I bet that would stop them from doing it again. 

When I was in my early 20s, I purchased a car on eBay and sent the guy down payment through the bank. Long story short I was given a BS story and no car no refund either. Can't remember how I had his address but he was dumb enough to give it to me at one point, me and the body of mine ended up driving from Iowa to Idaho and back with no sleep :wow:. The guy was home and the look on his face was priceless, I told him I didn't drive that far to end this story well and if I was him I'd go get the money. Needless to say what I gave him for the deposit I ended up spending on the trip but I felt much better afterwards and got to see some country side.

True story :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2018 at 5:59 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

You think the VP44 is expensive what till you changing injectors on a 4th gen and the nearly $4,000 price tag. 

Part of the reason I stayed with a 2nd Gen after '01 got totaled.  Around here they are very expensive for a used rig but managed to show my insurance that and they finally came up with the bucks.  BTW, since my plans to swap Jon's tranny build to the '02 fell through due to my bad knee going really bad (artificial now), I intended to rebuild and sell it.   But a guy came along and gave me close enough $$ I wanted and it is back on the road but not totally repaired last I saw.  He lives close, dropped by and seemed pretty happy with it.  Is working to get the body repaired and painted.

16 hours ago, ddmk6 said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

As for the VP44 and the P0216 code... I've got to ask what is your fuel pressure like? It possible to trip the P0216 code from low fuel pressure. 

I only have the edge cts but its reads 22 on idle and 20 on WOT

I know they are not very accurate but being around 20 it must be over 14 at least. 

Also running the fass 150

Edited by Reg02

16 hours ago, ddmk6 said:

You're  location says north Idaho.  Where is little power shop be?

Just now, Me78569 said:

youtube is your friend.  

Sure looks like a failing vp44 OR VERY bad injectors. got a place that can pop test injectors local to you?

15 seconds clears up on idle then once warmed up no smoke while driving either. Not even totally warm just couple minutes of driving even. 

Not that I’m aware of for pop testing. Have to start calling around to see. 

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

given the logging industry in that area I would think there would be a large number of good shops near you.  

One would think but sometimes this area will surprise you. 

Normally its two weeks from everywhere when you have too order anything too lol. 

Would be nice if it was only injectors as I’m wanting to upgrade then anyway. 

If I need to the VP can’t afford both at the moment nor have the time to do either of them :(