• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weird issue with brake pedal feel and PS pump

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Still remember even with the filter you still need to change the fluid every 30k miles. Then while you're there might as well change the filter. I've got to ask what did you pay for the filter?

Yes, good advice, I will continue to change the fluid on schedule. The filter was $18.99 plus tax. They only had one in stock so I ordered another one for the '91. The Ford conversion already has one in the remote reservoir, it holds 3 quarts. I jacked it off one of my old IHC log trucks that was culled.

• Owner
23 minutes ago, dripley said:

You always look that mean sitting in the passanger seat?

Actually driver seat. (Strange flip of the picture) When it's over 90*F outside you park in the sun trapped with the truck running so you have A/C and trying to work the website from the center console and smack out replies isn't exactly comfortable. Now I'm at home and comfortable in my big chair and normal keyboard and mouse. :)

Back to @KATOOM

As for the power steering system, I don't see any problem with doing a filter just remember this will need to be changed with the fluid every 30k miles. As for the drain plug if there was a way to drill and tap a plug in would be awesome it sure would make short work of drain, flush and fill. All I can say is the 30k mark worked out good for my steering box it was spotless inside no sludge and no serious wear at all just the input seal failed from rust particles. Kind of like my next problem of getting reservoir seal for my power steering pump. Rubber is starting to degrade... Ugh!

Edited by Mopar1973Man

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually driver seat. (Strange flip of the picture) When it's over 90*F outside you park in the sun trapped with the truck running so you have A/C and trying to work the website from the center console and smack out replies isn't exactly comfortable. 

My truck is pretty much my office for now so i know what you mean. 92 out this way today, humidity about 90%. Need a break from this crap.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dripley said:

You always look that mean sitting in the passanger seat?

That's his happy face, come on now...

59 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually driver seat.

How is that possible, I think I witnessed this before but it sure looks like passenger side 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually driver seat.

How is that possible, I think I witnessed this before but it sure looks like passenger side 

Even sticker in back window :ahhh:

Installed the same filter in my '91 today, D-250 no hydro. I drained the pump out of the pressure line, turned the wheel lock to lock several times to purge the steering box and refiled, no flush. I started with a new quart of fluid and used 26 ounces, so it is a smaller system then the '01.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Still remember even with the filter you still need to change the fluid every 30k miles. Then while you're there might as well change the filter. I've got to ask what did you pay for the filter?

I couldn't stand the suspense so I picked up a new filter. I just pulled the old one off and it is not bad at all. I guess changing the fluid fairly regular kept it cleaner than I thought. I wonder if a guy could just wash the filter insert and reuse it, maybe at least once? I have about 1k miles on it.

0920180836.jpg

0920180912.jpg

• Like 1