• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power Steering Pump

• Staff

Yes they are easy to reseal.  On other module vehicles that use the Saginaw power steering pump I've seen leaks due to stress cracks at the bolt holes in the fluid reservoir.

With the miles on that pump it might be better to get a rebuilt unit.   Get one with a lifetime warranty. 

• Like 1

• Owner
On 9/4/2018 at 11:08 AM, IBMobile said:

Yes they are easy to reseal.  On other module vehicles that use the Saginaw power steering pump I've seen leaks due to stress cracks at the bolt holes in the fluid reservoir.

With the miles on that pump it might be better to get a rebuilt unit.   Get one with a lifetime warranty. 

I was told by the guy at NAPA that all the rebuilt unit are prone to failure doesn't matter who you get then through now (AutoZone, RockAuto, NAPA, Etc.) So he's going to do a bit of magic and order a pump for me pull the seal and return the pump with a missing seal. Nothing wrong with my pump just the case to pump seal is gone and leaking. 

• Like 1

• Owner
10 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Why not just buy a seal kit, that seal will be deformed to other pump anyway.

No reservoir was on this pump. Just a pump in a bag. The store clerk picked it off with his fingers and handed me the seal. No charge. Being nice I bought two quarts of power steering fluid. Guys like this you have to tell him Thank you like getting a 12 pack of beer of some sort. But I've got a fresh pump to reservoir seal. :thumb1:

10 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Plus you'll need 2 smaller orings for the case where bolts go through.

Those I'm sure I've got with all the A/C o-ring kit floating around the shop. :whistle:

• Like 2

On 9/6/2018 at 8:40 AM, NIsaacs said:

Rock Auto shows several. When I used one of the numbers (351790) and crossed it to Napa it showed a NPS7200 but has a question mark for my '01, so....?

That must be the Cummins number for it maybe? Mopar number is 5140342AA. For the record there all the same. All of them. But its a kit with a mounting gasket and 3 o-rings and instructions if you need them. Its a super common leak.