• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hurricane Florence

IBMobile

• Staff

We've seen in past years other members, like @The_Hammer, take a hit to their property during a hurricane but be all right.  @dripleyis hunkered down in his trailer at Columbia, SC.   Hope his feathers stay dry.

So let's give thought and prayers for protection and safety to those about to endure the fury of hurricane Florence.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best of luck to you Dave. I've been thinking about you and my co-workers at our Kenly plant. Other than that I don't know anybody down that way but been keeping all down that way in my prayers. What a terrible storm and then there's 2 more behind it with an uncertain future. Hopefully they go out to sea. Keep your wings tucked! And let us know how you make out.

I think we are out of the danger zone. She has lost a little of here punch wind wise. But she still got all her moisture. The storm surge and all the water coming from inland is going to swamp the coast. We will get plenty wet but I hope thats the worst we see. When Hugo blew in back in 89 we got 60 to 70 mph winds 250 miles from shore. You could lean over and the wind would hold you up. That was a bit unexpected.

• Owner
11 hours ago, dripley said:

Or tornados or forest fires. Never know when or where mother nature might reach out and bite you.

Left out earthquakes

Yeah, being I was the one with the fire this summer. 

You be careful and safe. Hide the Cummins somewhere safe. If it was me I would be driving inland more for a night or two for safety being your on the road for now. Hopefully your Wife and family will be safe.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yeah, being I was the one with the fire this summer. 

You be careful and safe. Hide the Cummins somewhere safe. If it was me I would be driving inland more for a night or two for safety being your on the road for now. Hopefully your Wife and family will be safe.

We have some winds for now, 15 to 20 mph no rain till early tomorrow. I am goi g to head home. Cant leave them alone. MIL is on oxygen, if we loose power I have to get her somewhere. My new pump arrived and is on and i have fuel pressure again. I a appreciate the advice, I know it is well meant.

Still no rain up my way just breezy. This is the slowest moving storm I have ever seen. It has only moved about 50 miles in the 14 hours. @Haggar is seeing more of this than me right now. He is ahout 50 miles south of me. The people on the coast are still getting drowned and 7 people have died, so still a serious storm. 

Finally started raining here early Sunday morning. And here about 24 hours later it almost gone. But it still pouring down around Wilmington. That is 5 consecutive days for them and most of the NC coast. The coast got anywhere from 5" to 30" of rain plus the storm surge. Now they got all the rain fall from inland headed their way. We were lucky that storm did not make landfall in the category 3 or 4 range. She went to a tropical pretty quick but lingered every where she went. This thing could have been so much worse. Thankful we got spared but my heart goes at to all that got and are still being flooded out. 

• Sad 1