• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dash cover

On 9/27/2018 at 6:16 PM, BBHD said:

There are some screws that attach the vents to it. They are time consuming but not really difficult. I have done a few of them for family members 2nd gens. I have only used LMC color, fit and finish was great. :2cents:

I went with the LMC,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the light gray cover, my dash had piece broken out, above the Temp control, thought I could fix and brace it but it was too brittle, found a good dash at a u-pull-it,in agate, so I switched the whole interior and drove to KC to exchange it, and pick-up a new set of fiberglass rear fenders, the dash cover came with screws and washers, why would I not use the original vs. what they provided?

Edited by Blueox01

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I like hearing about someone like you going the extra effort/ mile to take care of his truck. Sounds like its going to be nice truck.

Thanks. i'm trying to build a reliable hauler.

On 9/27/2018 at 6:16 PM, BBHD said:

There are some screws that attach the vents to it. They are time consuming but not really difficult. I have done a few of them for family members 2nd gens. I have only used LMC color, fit and finish was great. :2cents:

You use the screws provided or the oem?

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I like hearing about someone like you going the extra effort/ mile to take care of his truck. Sounds like its going to be nice truck.

I envy the background in you profile.

1 hour ago, dripley said:

I dont remember what I did, But if it came with new screws I probably used them. 

Reason i asked was the screws came with washers from LMC , vs the OEM  7mm hex head flange screws, have plenty of them, guess I sometimes I worry too much how I put stuff back together.

8 hours ago, Blueox01 said:

Reason i asked was the screws came with washers from LMC , vs the OEM  7mm hex head flange screws, have plenty of them, guess I sometimes I worry too much how I put stuff back 

Are the washers the extra ones for where it bolts at the windshield? Looking at mine, they are hex head flange screws. As far as what I used on the back your guess is as good as mine.

3 hours ago, dripley said:

Are the washers the extra ones for where it bolts at the windshield? Looking at mine, they are hex head flange screws. As far as what I used on the back your guess is as good as mine.

No they are for mounting to the vents and braces, think I'm going to use the Hex head screws.

19 hours ago, Blueox01 said:

sometimes I worry too much how I put stuff back together.

I do it every day :duh: :lmao:

16 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Sometimes worry pays off when it causes you to figure out an idea or innovative way on how to do something.  :thumb1:

It usually takes me twice the amount of time then it should a normal person to do anything and sometimes it's not enough :lmao:other times I just say f it and do it in 1/4 required time and it works fine :shrug:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I do it every day :duh: :lmao:

It usually takes me twice the amount of time then it should a normal person to do anything and sometimes it's not enough :lmao:other times I just say f it and do it in 1/4 required time and it works fine :shrug:

Got it up, fit the front first, then the braces and vents, fits nice, just need too put the rest of the stuff back in, Speedo, switches, air bag, etc.

Edited by Blueox01
  • Like 1

• Owner
7 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Me gets to do a heater core this weekend! I’m likely going to bust my dash. It’s already cracked. I’ll prob get a carpet cover from Geno’s until I can spend the cash for a brand new dash. 

Just take your time you can do it without breaking it. I've done several old trucks now and very rarely do I break the dash. Mines got a few cracks in the dash but I've managed to pull the HVAC box twice.

• Thanks 1

Okay got dash up , trying to figure how to mount my CB, since the manual trans come with a covey hole instead of the flip down cup holders that come with an Auto trans,I got a Auto flip down cup holder from a junk yard and cut the cup holders off, reinforced the plastic, just not sure how to make my Cobra 29 in that space. Thinking of drilling/tapping into the dash frame with threaded rod on the top 2 mounting hole then fabricate a mount for the CB, but looking for any input.

20181020_214228.jpg

20181020_214234.jpg

20181020_225217.jpg

20181020_225402.jpg