• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Ram 2500 complete interior restoration

On 11/22/2018 at 1:42 PM, 5.9Jon said:

Sorry to hear that. Looks good though. Job well done

Well jokes on me and I feel like an idiot!

I got the dash this far, went to go grab the hoses off the other side and the hoses slid forwad. I guess the diameter of the hose that comes out of the firewall is slightly smaller on the aftermarket heater core and the clamp didn't clamp enough so it was leaking through underneath the clamp and back into the cab. Reached into the HVAC box and it's dry so it makes sense now. :doh:

IMG_20181201_145532.jpg

41 minutes ago, portlandareae28 said:

These kinds of things drive me nuts...  having to get in there twice.....

anybody spent anytime restoring door panels?  Mine (and my passenger side pillar) seem to freak squeak and feel cheap.  Maybe just new fasteners, etc?.

More than likely the fasteners are bad for the door panels. Maybe just one or more of the fasteners aren't in the holes. There's not really a whole lot on the door panels that can rattle, It's almost a solid piece of plastic. Would definitely try to find some OEM fasteners because the eBay fasteners that I bought broke as soon as I had to take the door panels back off to put in speakers. 

For the pillar, your best bet is to find a new one unless you know how to melt the plastic to keep the metal fastener on. I believe the tolerances for the plastic is pretty small and has to be flat or else the pillar won't go on flush. I'll be trying to fix mine because all the metal fasteners on the passenger side pillar all broke when I get some extra money, not sure if I'll be using a soldering iron or a heat gun

Edited by Cronus577

On 12/1/2018 at 7:07 PM, Cronus577 said:

Well jokes on me and I feel like an idiot!

I got the dash this far, went to go grab the hoses off the other side and the hoses slid forwad. I guess the diameter of the hose that comes out of the firewall is slightly smaller on the aftermarket heater core and the clamp didn't clamp enough so it was leaking through underneath the clamp and back into the cab. Reached into the HVAC box and it's dry so it makes sense now. :doh:

IMG_20181201_145532.jpg

i always give my stuff a tug before i button up lol no pun intended...

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Quick update, found some interior at a price I couldn't pass up so I convinced the wife to let me get out and i finished up the interior. Just need to figure out how to go from non power seats to power and heated. Should be fun!

IMG_20190204_153758.jpgIMG_20190204_153815.jpg.ce7c13cc2fc6e41d15c1a35efcee131b.jpg

IMG_20190204_153808.jpg.fe439ec9a2bb684417602a866efd4336.jpg

IMG_20190204_153821.jpg

IMG_20190204_153856.jpg

IMG_20190204_195034.jpg

IMG_20190204_180732.jpg

IMG_20190204_195052.jpg

Edited by Cronus577
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

My 96’ Ram’s interior has really fallen apart over the last year. Both door panels are now fubar as well as not having a top dash, glove box, steering column cover or the panel under the steering colum. I really wish someone offered replacement parts for the interior.

Edited by The_Hammer

9 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

My 96’ Ram’s interior has really fallen apart over the last year. Both door panels are now fubar as well as not having a top dash, glove box, steering column cover or the panel under the steering colum. I really wish someone offered replacement parts for the interior.

LMC truck offers the dash and steering column cover. I could most likely find the parts if you are interested in. Not sure how far back though. Just picked a door panel for the 02 and he had a big pile of them. Going to vist him pretty soon.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 9:44 PM, dripley said:

LMC truck offers the dash and steering column cover. I could most likely find the parts if you are interested in. Not sure how far back though. Just picked a door panel for the 02 and he had a big pile of them. Going to vist him pretty soon.

Thank you for the offer ?

I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet. I’m seriously thinking about fabricating a dash out of sheetmetal or aluminum and making fiberglass door panels. I really want an interior that will last and won’t randomly fall apart again.

8 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

Thank you for the offer ?

I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet. I’m seriously thinking about fabricating a dash out of sheetmetal or aluminum and making fiberglass door panels. I really want an interior that will last and won’t randomly fall apart again.

I can understand that. I am not much of a metal fabricator.

I put the lmc dash in mine 7 years ago and it still looks good. Hoping it out lasts me. The door panel I put in looks like mine did about 200k miles so hopefully it will do the same. Probably ought to buy a spare. Time will tell.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

This is a very cool thread. Thank you to everyone as I have to do mine soon.

I repaired the drivers seat heater last weekend and since it is often simply a burned wire at the heating element connection, it was easy to replace 3 inches of wire and now works great. What the factory did was get the wire too close to a loop or turn in the heating element so the wire insulation cooked over time and shorted out. Even burned the foam to some degree around it. Adding 3 inches of wire gets it away from the element.

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

This is a very cool thread. Thank you to everyone as I have to do mine soon.

I repaired the drivers seat heater last weekend and since it is often simply a burned wire at the heating element connection, it was easy to replace 3 inches of wire and now works great. What the factory did was get the wire too close to a loop or turn in the heating element so the wire insulation cooked over time and shorted out. Even burned the foam to some degree around it. Adding 3 inches of wire gets it away from the element.

Every saved penny in corporate world counts, them bastards are working for bonus checks. The incentive anymore is not longevity, it's cost cutting for fatter bonus checks. It's probably been this way for a long time but now they don't care about crossing the line.

• Like 1

• Staff
6 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Every saved penny in corporate world counts, them bastards are working for bonus checks. The incentive anymore is not longevity, it's cost cutting for fatter bonus checks. It's probably been this way for a long time but now they don't care about crossing the line.

Exactly why I buy no new truck. Hang on to it long enough and its made into a rock solid truck. Time and ownership helps you build it solid.

• Like 1