• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Error Codes By Key Trick

What color is your cruise light and did it display both PCM & ECM codes?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What color is your cruise light and did it display both PCM & ECM codes?

• Orange cruise light and displayed both PCU and ECU codes.
    • Green cruise light and displayed both PCU and ECU codes.
    • Doesn't display any codes.

• Owner

I had a gent today tell me a secret about the 2001 problem with the key trick we all know that some of the 2001 will read ECM codes and other will not read but display a P1693 code. Well I need some help finding the answer to this secret. Now you guys/gals with 2001 trucks take notice to the criuse light color and also tell me if the P-PCU and P-ECU is display during you key trick...

I believe my '01 cruise light is green, but I'll verify this evening..

Mine does display the P-PCU and P-ECU codes.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I verified my CRUISE light color this evening. It's actually orange-ish, not green, like I first thought.

So mine is orange and does display both pcu and ecu P-codes.

my 99's cruise light is green and i cant check any codes:cry:

i know, you were asking for 01s, but i couldn't hold back any longer

Yeah......the key trick thing is only supposed to work on 2000 through 2002 models.

• Owner

Funny part is that Dodge had the key trick as far back as 1989 Dodge Ram trucks (1st Gen) and ran all the way till 98.5 and stopped and then started again at 2000 and continued with the key trick... All 1989-1998 key trick will work but it flash codes on the odometer... All 2000-up display Pxxxx codes in the odometer display... 2001 is the only weird year where some display only the P-PCU (PCM error codes) and some display both P-PCU and P-ECU (ECM error codes) and 2 P-Done. So if I can unravel the mystery to the 2001 key trick then we can narrow it down to a smaller group of people that may or may not be able to key trick...

Funny part is that Dodge had the key trick as far back as 1989 Dodge Ram trucks (1st Gen) and ran all the way till 98.5 and stopped and then started again at 2000 and continued with the key trick...

All 1989-1998 key trick will work but it flash codes on the odometer...

All 2000-up display Pxxxx codes in the odometer display...

2001 is the only weird year where some display only the P-PCU (PCM error codes) and some display both P-PCU and P-ECU (ECM error codes) and 2 P-Done.

So if I can unravel the mystery to the 2001 key trick then we can narrow it down to a smaller group of people that may or may not be able to key trick...

How does it flash codes on an analog odometer?

• Owner

Opps... Typo... Geez guys...

Watch the CHECK ENGINE Light it will flash the codes to you.. 4 flashes and pause then 5 flashes would be a code of 45.

55 is a end of codes...

I had a page up with the list of flash codes but it seems to be gone during the change over to the XHTML pages...

Opps... Typo... Geez guys...

Watch the CHECK ENGINE Light it will flash the codes to you.. 4 flashes and pause then 5 flashes would be a code of 45.

55 is a end of codes...

I had a page up with the list of flash codes but it seems to be gone during the change over to the XHTML pages...

Yeah I think your whole 12V error code page is for 24V. I don't have 3/4 of those things even on my truck. Plus I just got an error code of 12 which isn't even on your list. But it is on this list.

I know I said 355 but then I read about the 55 and realized there was a pause between 1 and 2. I have disconnected it within the last 50 so it makes sense. Not sure why it says it don't work on 97-98 when it obviously does.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bcHn8AJli8