• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible VP44 trouble!!!

Drive it like it doesn't owe you anything.  Vehicles can sense weakness and will take advantage of it..... similar to a horse, must of been passed down from cars of the early 1900's form horses. 

but really just drive it and fix stuff that breaks beyond that basic stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Owner

The ones that pack around extra tools and parts are typically the ones with all the roadside failures. Like myself, I've got basic hand tools but every single failure I had was beyond hand tools or what could be repaired on the side of the road. 

• Mainshaft in the transmission broke.
  • PCM fried after the alternator shorted the field lead.
  • VP44 timing piston stuck full advanced. 

I've never had simple failures like belt break, hose leak, etc. Those things are dealt with during my monthly inspection. Not to mention I use an app on my cell phone call "Simply Auto" and track all my maintenance stuff. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 8:21 AM, Me78569 said:

Drive it like it doesn't owe you anything.  Vehicles can sense weakness and will take advantage of it..... similar to a horse, must of been passed down from cars of the early 1900's form horses. 

but really just drive it and fix stuff that breaks beyond that basic stuff.

I can tell ya that eventually it will figure out you're just being mean and still act up.  Or that's just the @TFaoro curse acting up again....

• Owner
On 12/20/2018 at 10:29 AM, trreed said:

I can tell ya that eventually it will figure out you're just being mean and still act up.  Or that's just the @TFaoro curse acting up again....

After the Cummins got the cold shoulder and the cold garage for 17 days I'm sure it's going to straighten up and act right. If not the little Red 1/2 ton will steal its glory again. :truck:

• Haha 1