• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big change in my life...

Mopar1973Man

I used to carry every where I went when I first got my permit years ago, now it's very rare. I feel like the society is bunch of whimps now and I can take em with my bear hands, or just an angry look lol. What I'm trying to say is don't let that be the reason to hold you back from meeting people, if it's your time it's your time, you're a big guy I wouldn't worry about not carrying once in awhile. I carry more when I'm in the woods, never know there, and on Halloween because it brings out freaks. You can usually tell when you should carry or not. Idk, just thinking out loud. 

• Owner

Woods doesn't bother much at all. I'm at peace there. I love to just sit on the porch and watch the deer. Even watch bears from a distance which is cool. Check out the elk walking mountainside. Never had much of issue. Just maybe around the house in the dark you might spook the deer and have them snort at you. Still typically got the pistol on me. Normally not an issue.

Now the city and all the whacked out drug users and homeless roaming around. Nope. I've already had enough close calls with meth-heads screaming at me. Then knowing the secrets of Ontario, OR like I've already met a few of the key people part of the drug trade down there. Then there are the gays and cross-dressers down there that's another issue in itself. I know more about that town than I should. Once the sun goes down it gets even worse. Yeah I've seen what Ontario turns into after the sun goes down... Not good!

After all that nope the pistol stays with me. I've been seen by police in Ontario with my pistol visible and never had one problem. Even talked to local police and Oregon State police, not a problem.

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I used to carry every where I went when I first got my permit years ago, now it's very rare. I feel like the society is bunch of whimps now and I can take em with my bear hands, or just an angry look lol. What I'm trying to say is don't let that be the reason to hold you back from meeting people, if it's your time it's your time, you're a big guy I wouldn't worry about not carrying once in awhile. I carry more when I'm in the woods, never know there, and on Halloween because it brings out freaks. You can usually tell when you should carry or not. Idk, just thinking out loud. 

I agree:thumb1::whistle:  Listen to us and you be like this in no time with a cute lady:hug:.They like clean cut too, but not overly clean cut. and nice casual dress.  

• Like 1

Man Ontario sounds like a place for neutral bathroom place, not sure if I'd be looking there at all, bring her home and find out that she's packaging :ahhh:

You're in a tough spot man, I hear you having friends that know people help a lot. One plus to leave in city I guess but like mentioned before, a lot of us wouldn't mind leaving in more remote place like you, it's a toss up. 

Bars is definitely not a place to meet long term relationship unless you get lucky, gym would be an ok place of you can join one someplace, get your exercise and maybe meet someone. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AH64ID said:

@Mopar1973Man I mean for a pistol. 

Do you have an Oregon permit? 

I haven't gotten my permit in Oregon yet, but I thought that the Oregon training requirements were the same as the Idaho Enhanced.

I have the Oregon permit and yes if you get the Idaho enhanced permit it will meet the Oregon requirements with the exception that you also have to have a letter from your local sheriff stating that you have no mental problems that would keep you from owning a gun.  Easy to get by just going into your county sheriff and they look up your record and pen you a letter that you take to the Sheriff in Vale.  In Vale you give them a copy of your enhanced training certificate, the no mental problems letter (from your home town county sheriff) give your finger prints, picture and $60 bucks and then they do their own background check and send you the Oregon permit in the mail.  The Oregon permit is good for 4 yrs then has to be renewed.   Oregon does not send out reminders when your permit is about to expire so you have to keep track of when the permit expires so you can renew and not loose it.

When I got mine only 2 counties were giving permits to Idaho residences (Malhuer and Jefferson).  The county seat for Malheur is in Vale so that is the obvious place where you would apply for your Oregon permit.  You have to make an advanced appointment (online only) and then show up on the appointed day and time.  When I made my appointment they were booked 2 weeks out.

• Like 1

• Owner

This post above is the reason I won't do it. I'm not jumping through more hoops just for more fees and BS. What happened to the 2nd Admenment? Open Carry is legal and doesn't require fingerprints, letters, background checks or fees. I've already done it once for Idaho. Enough...

Funny I can open carry and requires NOTHING! No permits, no background check, no fees, no nothing. Just holster up your pistol and act normal. All the permit is liberal BS. Meaningless... When open carry requires nothing. If the laws was about the firearms then there would be permits for open carry but there isn't. Make you think. 

Where I'm supposed to have all this free time to jump through all these hoops? Again just open carry never once had any issues with law enforcement or permits.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Reading the Oregon statues I am not sure it's legal for you to open carry in Oregon as a non-resident unless you're temporarily living there. But it's likely not an issue as it doubtful the cops will ask your residency and address if you're not causing trouble. 

It is all a bunch of BS, and some of it's getting worse while some of it is getting better. 

The way I look at is that I'd rather not think about where I can and cannot go, and that takes a little red tape and a permit. Not too hard. 

• Owner

Where does everyone think I have spare time? 3 days a week 40 hours a week I'm stuck driving back and forth to Ontario, OR to keep MoparMom alive. The chances of me even getting close to Cally right now is so low that be like me winning a billion dollars on the lottery that I don't even play. As for the gun laws and my open carry, I'll continue doing exactly what I've done for the last 5 years or so. I'm not even going to worry about it. 

Heck, I know of a member on the site that is deeper trouble than I am. Again I'm not even going to worry about it. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Confused 1

• Owner

Heck if I was to heed every single law might as well just close up shop and not do anything. Just the fact of this website and promoting high power diesels and tuning is illegal in all states. Any form of altering the ECM software is illegal. What we are doing is a federal offense for modifying the stock tune on the ECM. Do we still do illegal tuning? Of course.  Just changing to BHAF is illegal. 

Heck lets just bring out the fact that I'm smoking herb too. That illegal in the state of Idaho. Doing it for medical reasons. Do I worry about that legal problem? Not really. 

Heck, even my high idle kit is illegal. Because it alters the ECM sensors and its ability to control the engine.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

No, tuning is NOT illegal. Not by a long shot! Altering the effects of emissions is, but there are plenty of emissions legal tunes and tuners. Something tells me that emissions laws and firearm laws have different enforcement :-)

Most people on here work 40 hours a week, commuting time not included. Many people have kids, families,etc that take up time. It's life, it happens to most of us. Keep your chin up and keep plugging forward. Not saying what you're going thru is easier or harder than the rest of us, just pointing out that we all have challenges. 

• Like 1

• Owner
14 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

No, tuning is NOT illegal. Not by a long shot! Altering the effects of emissions is, but there are plenty of emissions legal tunes and tuners

Maybe you should tell those pup's out there rolling massive coal down the highway. They are not legal tunes when crap like that happening. Anything that produces tunes that produce excessive smoke is illegal. Yes anything that modifies the fuel and creates smoke is illegal. Even changing out for larger injectors.

• Staff
1 hour ago, AH64ID said:

No, tuning is NOT illegal. Not by a long shot! Altering the effects of emissions is, but there are plenty of emissions legal tunes and tuners. Something tells me that emissions laws and firearm laws have different enforcement :-)

Most people on here work 40 hours a week, commuting time not included. Many people have kids, families,etc that take up time. It's life, it happens to most of us. Keep your chin up and keep plugging forward. Not saying what you're going thru is easier or harder than the rest of us, just pointing out that we all have challenges. 

Not to mention having to deal with bad horrible management or customers. Some people have to deal with traffic, horrible commutes up to 3 hrs every work day. Long waits in line at coffee shops etc. You got it made Mike as far as I'm concerned as MoparMom is the best. I've had the previledge to have met her. Shes the coolest on the planet. Consider yourself very luck Michael Nelson not having to deal with most of us have to deal with.

Keeping faiht is very important.:punish:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1