• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New to quadzilla

Unreal Summit

high idle done great this morning however when I left work I let it warm up to about 100° got to the stop light and with it in drive foot on the brake ( thankfully) high idle kicked on again. Not good! Is there something wrong or something I can turn off?  Few more questions. Sorry if the questions are probably simple but I haven't seen the answer or remember seeing it.  The on the fly power can I change tunes going down the road or do I need to be stopped and in park? Same for power level how should I do that. Also Max transmission slip what does that read and what do I need to look out for with that. 

you canchange levels on the fly and also tunes on the fly, but dont change tunes with a heavy throttle for common sense reasons.  

As for high idle.  Late trucks dont send brake signals to the quad so it is hard to know when you are idle vs stopped at a light. autos have the issue for 01 /02 trucks. I prefer a longer idle delay or you can blip the throttle to trigger the timer to restart

slip is a calc of perfect world input rpm vs mph based on tire size, gearing, and so forth.  IT isn't perfect

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1

I kinda figured the on the fly was like that but I wanted to be sure. I made sure I was out of it and coasting along when I switched power levels today.  The idel delay is a great idea. I got an 02 so that explains that!    If the trans slip reads high at any time is that something to take note of or not really?

Yes, high idle and automatics with warm-up mode is a bit of an issue. It is something that you will either need to adjust the delay for or you will need to make sure that your truck is warmed up before you start driving. 

These guys here are the best. I'm so grateful for every post that they help with.