• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Dead???

Natertot01

So the truck has been sitting for a month or so and the batte ries went dead. I unplugged the quad and jumped it and got it running. When I shut the truck off and plugged the quad back in it clicked the power on and off 3 times and then the truck stayed on.

When I then started the truck it loped and popped so bad it almost shut off so I killed the truck and not 2 seconds later the dash flashed 3 times an d the quad turned the truck back on.

I am now trying to connect it to a computer to see if I can update it but neither of the 2 computers I o wn (which worked before) even recognize the quad. I opened it and there is nothing broken or burnt insi de. Have you ever encountered something like this?

Thank you

I’m having a strange issue to. The Qaud power wire is popping the #9 Engine fuse that the wire taps into and killing the truck. Put in a new fuse and truck runs for 5 seconds and pops the next one. Had to unhook the Qaud for the weekend which sux cuz I was loving the power! What is causing this? 

4 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I’m having a strange issue to. The Qaud power wire is popping the #9 Engine fuse that the wire taps into and killing the truck. Put in a new fuse and truck runs for 5 seconds and pops the next one. Had to unhook the Qaud for the weekend which sux cuz I was loving the power! What is causing this? 

Also I checked the wire for breaks or shorts but it looks fine. I touched the power wire to battery positive terminal and everything works fine? 

Would a 5v system issue cause irregularities with boost from map sensor to be either working fine or at 50? Also, occasionally on startup Egt is maxed at 1800 and operates in the reverse direction (goes down on acceleration, and back up on idle). Seems like electrical funniness to me?

How would one diagnose the 5V system and repair or replace it?

On 2/9/2019 at 9:42 PM, Natertot01 said:

I unplugged the quad and jumped it and got it running. When I shut the truck off and plugged the quad back in it clicked the power on and off 3 times and then the truck stayed on

Did you jump it and let alternator charge dead batteries, or did you charge batteries with a charger. Were grid heaters cycling on top of that. You may have fried your alternator sending excessive AC current through your electrical system,causing possible damage to ECM PCM. Just a wild guess here.

19 hours ago, astiles357 said:

Would a 5v system issue cause irregularities with boost from map sensor to be either working fine or at 50? 

I would think yes. 

19 hours ago, astiles357 said:

Also, occasionally on startup Egt is maxed at 1800 and operates in the reverse direction (goes down on acceleration, and back up on idle).

Mine did same thing, ended up being bad egt probe

17 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Here’s my issue. Hope to send it to Qaud tomorrow for a replacement board. 

Mustang be part of that fuse blowing problem, wonder why it was blowing. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Did you jump it and let alternator charge dead batteries, or did you charge batteries with a charger. Were grid heaters cycling on top of that. You may have fried your alternator sending excessive AC current through your electrical system,causing possible damage to ECM PCM. Just a wild guess here.

I would think yes. 

Mine did same thing, ended up being bad egt probe

Mustang be part of that fuse blowing problem, wonder why it was blowing. 

Idk but Qaud is warranty ing it no problem soon thankful for that.