• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24v KDP Question and Flywheel Question

14 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

You will never pull one out with a magnet unless it's about to fall out, I had a 12 valve and the pin was halfway out, I still couldn't move it with pliers or by hand, it took a punch and a hammer to drive it back home and then I tabbed it.

Like guys mentioned above, if your case is stepped just don't worry about it.

I'd take it that this is stepped so no worries on my part!

IMG_20190409_210143.jpg

Looks like a stepped case to me, that pin is slightly larger then that hole, not sure why they even left a hole there. 

Ps, check all the other bolts you can see, you could even pull them out one at the time clean and three lock them. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

Looks like a stepped case to me, that pin is slightly larger then that hole, not sure why they even left a hole there. 

I'm wondering the same thing.... And also why Cummins is making electric trucks now :doh: Who knows why they do most of the weird things they do

• Like 1

Blind holes are a pain to drill.  (no where for the chips to go. harder to measure that the depth was properly met.  diameter measurements are harder)  ALSO Alignment pins into blind holes cause problems.  The trapped air can prevent the pin from fully seating (and if the press is too loose, the pin can compress the air, then fire itself across the shop...)  also debris can be in the bottom of the hole and not easily seen, so the part that is supposed to be aligned may not make down to the surface properly.  I will always try to have at least a small through hole for a pin and larger for tapped holes for chip/debris clearance.

HTH

Hag

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Give up. You'll never finish that list. I'm still fixing crap and adding back to the list.

The only way I'll give up if I have money for the 4th gen, otherwise I'll keep fighting the fight

9a2308c7cbb49b013e9937e14a59d666.jpg.b2ecc922063b6c88e9fd2f99e9d84cba.jpg

Edited by Dieselfuture
Add a picture
  • Like 1