• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quad tune 7x10 DD and race

Ronniemx3

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I've been curious to see what you can reach with your current setup, if 27 is possible with 7x10. I feel like it would be in perfect driving conditions.

Tryin'

Lowest was towing the RV to Parma. Next one was city driving for a week. Then now back to normal hauls.

Capture+_2019-04-18-14-04-19.png

Well new tyres are on truck drives so much better. Rear end isn't as loose as I thought but it will peel them off on the loud pedal trying a few of these tunes smokes like hell pre boost but clears up nice egts still hit 1250 when pedal is on the floor 

Found the tow tune linked above works the best just having trouble with egts I've turned to boost up 7psi via the elbow. Thing I find strange is I've gone from 60hp sticks to 150hp sticks and made no more boost yes it spools harder and makes boost faster. It has helped with more boost should I back down some fuel to try keep them in check? What's a safe number to run at EGT wise at WOT thanks 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Tires. Ratio. It struggling against them. 

Do you have another set of tires you can swap temporarily?

He changed to 285's from the 315's so he is getting smaller.

2 hours ago, Ronniemx3 said:

Thing I find strange is I've gone from 60hp sticks to 150hp sticks and made no more boost 

You can only make boost up to where your waste gate opens. You could put 250 hp injectors on there but if the waste gate opens at 30 psi thats where it is going be. 

Did you go 285x75x17

That's what I run. They measure an actual 33" tall I think 11 wide. They're a closer to 35" tire than 33"

I'm about 9500lbs empty 7x09 on hy35 turbo

Cruising at 1800rpm is the sweet spot for good mileage on my truck. I also have 3.55s. 

I dont check my mpg religiously though I'm hoping to make 600 on this tank of fuel

I went 285 65 17 in the end. I've upped the boost via the boost elbow I'm going to up it a touch more 5psi helped a lot. What altitude do you guys live at and do you use more fuel in your tunes or less I've found a fair few of them tunes black out the road behind coming onto boost. I'm at sea level. The tow tune is lovely just hits 1250 degrees at top of 3rd and 4th gear empty on the flat. It runs lovely off the bottom.

I'm same as mopar man. 3200-5000.

Our trucks can be tuned leaner. Less air less dense than sea level.. 

At sea level fuel/ratio will have more fuel in the charge and make more power. Than up at higher elevations. Maybe more heat to.

Is your waste gate opening? I saw a very noticable reduction in egts with waste gate turn buckled shut. My stock hy35 goes over 35psi. But I rarely see over 30 driving normal.

Are you standing on it to hit that 1250 on the flat. I used to hit 1400 with my foot on floor locked when I was making only 22psi.  Now I'd imagine I might be able to hit that still but I'd have to be trying very hard to do it.

I cruise at 1800rpm at 700-800 deg and less than 10psi ov boost

Whoa them are skateboard wheels. 10mph difference at same rpm.

Edited by Evan

2 hours ago, Evan said:

I'm same as mopar man. 3200-5000.

Our trucks can be tuned leaner. Less air less dense than sea level.. 

At sea level fuel/ratio will have more fuel in the charge and make more power. Than up at higher elevations. Maybe more heat to.

Is your waste gate opening? I saw a very noticable reduction in egts with waste gate turn buckled shut. My stock hy35 goes over 35psi. But I rarely see over 30 driving normal.

Are you standing on it to hit that 1250 on the flat. I used to hit 1400 with my foot on floor locked when I was making only 22psi.  Now I'd imagine I might be able to hit that still but I'd have to be trying very hard to do it.

I cruise at 1800rpm at 700-800 deg and less than 10psi ov boost

Whoa them are skateboard wheels. 10mph difference at same rpm.

Yeah new turbo I'm hitting 40 psi now I've adjusted the elbow which helped highest egt I've hit was locked on motorway up hill it touch 1400 but that was really giving it. I've altered the canbus fuel around the top end up and down and it's pretty close to where it needs to be I think. Cruise up hill locked at 70 I'm at 800f which I didn't think was bad around 650 on the flat cruise. 

• Owner
3 hours ago, Ronniemx3 said:

Cruise up hill locked at 70 I'm at 800f which I didn't think was bad

Nope, that's about right. 

3 hours ago, Ronniemx3 said:

650 on the flat cruise. 

Now compared to me that is high. 

If you want to experiment with me. Start pushing the cruise timing up one degree at a time. Watch the EGT's and Engine Load. Then watch the MPG's. I'm all the way up to +7 cruise timing now for experimenting.

Capture+_2019-04-18-18-54-10.png

Subtract -50 from the EGT's to match my ISSPro Gauge.

Add +1 MPH to match my clutster and GPS.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

4 hours ago, Ronniemx3 said:

Cruise up hill locked at 70 I'm at 800f which I didn't think was bad around 650 on the flat cruise. 

That's pretty good, I'm somewhere there too. Maybe just a tad lower. I mean going from 650 to 550 or 750 crusing doesn't take much of a change really. 

1200 is what is considered safe by Cummins continuously. On a race tune if you hit 1400-1500 for few seconds, nothing is going to happen, if you got supporting mods. I've hit 1500 before. My wastegate is unhooked, so it's always shut, I just try to build the tune so it doesn't get over 1200 for normal driving, but race tune .... Yeah it'll get hot a bit. I usually just stay on level 3 all canbus and it's pretty good power for me, I'll hit over 40psi if I floor it. Then with wire tap it'll hit 50 but kinda getting out of control and my turbo is only good for 40 safe psi anyhow.