• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone ever removed the inner sections of the motor mount? 

I'm going to be replacing them with the poly inserts from Genos or from polybushings.com

I have engine out and mounts off of engine. I assume they are just pressed in, and I need to press out? 

Screenshot_20190511-141424_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190511-134326_Samsung Internet.jpg

20190507_224610.jpg

So here ya go, you can press them out. 

Used a 1 inch drive 2 3/8 socket and an old bushing from a machine as a push through, worked like a charm. I did have to cut the bolt end off but someone's else's case maybe different cause mine were froze in. You will have to use a press to get them out... 

I'll clean them up, paint them. Then order a set of poly bushings to put in. 

20190511_160401.jpg

20190511_160407.jpg

20190511_160412.jpg

If anyone need exact dimensions let me know I saved old inserts. Just in case you folks wanted to lathe a custom press tool. The socket worked great, GP, brand, but there is always room for improvement... 

• Like 1

I was pretty shocked than nothing I took of my truck for the head gasket swap was seized. Not surprised on the drivers side but the exhaust side bolts had never been turned other than the turbo back in 07. I did leave behind a little DNA here and there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

I figured this would be a good thread to piggyback and for future searchers to find all info in one place:

Just wanted to share my experience dealing with Johnny over at PolyBushings and the result of my mount purchase. First off; Geno's and PolyBushings products are the same. The owner, Johnny, is a great person and really builds a stellar product. I purchased the engine mounts & trans mount from him and I am impressed with the result. I did not get the engine mounts in yet but the trans mount made a significant difference in overall driving experience. I am REALLY impressed. My transmission mount has likely been shot for a while but this is exactly what I needed. No added drive-line vibrations with the trans mount. I currently have poly inserts (with rotten rubber) in my engine mounts and will report back once replaced. Just wanted to share my findings since it was such a great overall experience. I have no affiliation with any vendors and paid full price for the mounts. 

Edited by evan717
clarity
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:37 AM, evan717 said:

I did not get the engine mounts in yet but the trans mount made a significant difference in overall driving experience. I am REALLY impressed. My transmission mount has likely been shot for a while but this is exactly what I needed. No added drive-line vibrations with the trans mount.

Interesting about your new transmission mount.  I still have the original engine mounts and transmission mount, but a few months ago I replaced the transmission mount with a Napa brand.  The first thing I noticed was the frequency of an idling engine was transferred into the frame, which in turn was transferred to the running boards via the running board braces.  I could feel / hear the frequency at other engine rpm's as well.  Since the original transmission mount was still in good condition, I re-installed it and everything is back to normal and quiet.

I will be very interested to hear about the performance of the your new engine mounts.

- John