• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need bigger injectors?

Hey guys I have a 125s in my truck right now, with compound turbos, I feel like my 125s aren’t quite enough to spool the turbos very well. Turbos are a BWs364sxe and a BWS475. Any help with figuring what size injectors I should go with. Was thinking 200s 

I'm running 7x.014 nozzles with a regular VP44, to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing wrong with that. Let me know what you come up with.

I first put on these 7x.014 DSS (Diesel Speed Shop) injector nozzles when I built my truck up. They were always pretty dirty, but delivered. I took them out at some point because they were idling a bit rough and smokey. I bought my own pop tester, and it turns out pop pressure was all over the place. The shop that did them did a poor job matching them all up.

I then put in some DAP 7x.013 nozzles. They were much cleaner and I liked them. I went to re-pop test them after about 7500 kms or so, and one or two are shot, they wont atomize (mist), they just pop and squirt. Very disappointing to say the least, I still need to talk to them about this.

Recently I put the 7x.014 DSS nozzles back in, they pop tested well. But my EGT's are up about 200 degrees on the big end. Compounds seem to like them though. I'm trying to tune them for smoke, and one thing I noticed is that I could inject a lot more fuel at low psi to help with spool-up with the DAP nozzles, as compared to DSS.

Sorry for the derail, I'm just curious to see what you decide on.

Edited by kzimmer
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kzimmer said:

I then put in some DAP 7x.013 nozzles. They were much cleaner and I liked them. I went to re-pop test them after about 7500 kms or so, and one or two are shot, they wont atomize (mist), they just pop and squirt. Very disappointing to say the least, I still need to talk to them about this.

Did you have a sign of them going bad like miss at idle. This has always been my fear of aftermarket injectors, they just seem to have way more problems then originals. I'm hoping mine will last at least a 100k but somehow I'm not sure. Getting tired of pulling injectors for random reasons. 

I would like to get a pop tester soon just so u can start playing with my old take outs, they only have 10k on them be interesting to see where they're at.

What tester you got ?

15 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Did you have a sign of them going bad like miss at idle. This has always been my fear of aftermarket injectors, they just seem to have way more problems then originals. I'm hoping mine will last at least a 100k but somehow I'm not sure. Getting tired of pulling injectors for random reasons. 

I would like to get a pop tester soon just so u can start playing with my old take outs, they only have 10k on them be interesting to see where they're at.

What tester you got ?

I don't remember noticing any signs of them going bad. The truck did sit for 6 months before I pulled the injectors though. 

I have a cheap tester off of eBay. Nothing fancy but it does the job. I replaced the gauge with a better one though.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, kzimmer said:

I'm running 7x.014 nozzles with a regular VP44, to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing wrong with that. Let me know what you come up with.

I first put on these 7x.014 DSS (Diesel Speed Shop) injector nozzles when I built my truck up. They were always pretty dirty, but delivered. I took them out at some point because they were idling a bit rough and smokey. I bought my own pop tester, and it turns out pop pressure was all over the place. The shop that did them did a poor job matching them all up.

Recently I put the 7x.014 DSS nozzles back in, they pop tested well. But my EGT's are up about 200 degrees on the big end. Compounds seem to like them though. I'm trying to tune them for smoke, and one thing I noticed is that I could inject a lot more fuel at low psi to help with spool-up with the DAP nozzles, as compared to DSS.

Sorry for the derail, I'm just curious to see what you decide on.

Nozzles should last much longer than 7500km.  I looked up your order and saw that you bought nozzles.  Contact Mitch and we can get something worked out for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dieselautopower said:

Nozzles should last much longer than 7500km.  I looked up your order and saw that you bought nozzles.  Contact Mitch and we can get something worked out for you.

Sounds good, I know you guys will back up your products. I haven't contacted anyone yet, just haven't had spare time in the last couple of months. I appreciate you reaching out.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, dieselautopower said:

@dieselautopower you should receive my nozzles on Monday. I chose the slowest most unreliable courier on the planet. My POS DSS nozzles have developed a slight miss and smoke way more than I'd like. I'm eager to get the DAP nozzles back in.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, KBecker443 said:

Hey guys I have a 125s in my truck right now, with compound turbos, I feel like my 125s aren’t quite enough to spool the turbos very well. Turbos are a BWs364sxe and a BWS475. Any help with figuring what size injectors I should go with. Was thinking 200s 

That 364 seems like a fairly large upper turbo for a compound setup.  I would expect it to be laggy unless you are throwing ALOT of fuel at it.  I would imagine you'll have to step up to a 7x.014 to wake up that 364...and that's alot of injector.  You'd have to use caution not to smoke up intersections in town.  Idle haze and cold weather might also be issues.  

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2019 at 12:57 AM, Tymatthew said:

I have sum 175 overs....lightly used and will be out of the truck in a few days I would sell u....I was running compounds with them for a few months....went back to a single and gonna put new ones in this Sunday....if ur interested

I'm curious why you went back to single, I've been debating if I want to go twins. 

I'm curious to know why too...the only legitimate reason I can think of would be financial.  They do everything better than a single...love the compound setup.  That's the way they should've came from the factory before variable vane turbos were invented.

The big turbo went to hell so just put It back to a single for now....have plans for a new setup but injectors were cheaper for now and in the future I’ll need bigger ones then the ones I have now.....compounds are the only way to go for sure just not in the budget right now 

• Thanks 2