• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Today my truck started bucking when I was driving. I know my lift pump was weak but I've been strapped for cash so I haven't changed it yet but now I think I'm paying for it. Just wondering if the bucking is characteristic of a blown VP44? Also when I was driving I noticed that when I curved to the left it really lost power and ran rough but when I curved right it ran much better, any ideas on this?

Thanks for all the ideas. I guess I'd be surprised if it was low fuel because I drove a while after it started just to get home and it never got better or worse. Will check for codes and am not driving it any more till I get a lift pump installed.

Just be careful - I had bucking in my truck above certain speeds and it was due to a restriction in the 'out' line from the fuel tank. It was pinhced off. I my case it ruined my vp44 - but I had the death code p0216. etc I would say check your lines and flow/volume first before throwing $1000k at something. Cause if you do have a restricted line - guess what - you'll kill the new one. :tease:

Sounds like you need to invest in a fuel pressure gauge and a good fuel system at the same time. There really isn't any guaranteed VP failure symptoms. There are some more common ones, but they all can act different. Some throw codes, some won't, some have the dead pedal, some don't, some become hard to start, some don't, there just isn't any "one" they do. So it is possible the bucking could be caused by the VP!:thumbup2:

I checked my codes and all there is is the companion code P1693. Does that mean that the VP44 will be ok? Thanks to THRacing there's an Airdog 150 coming my way:thumb1:

There should be another code in there... You need to get a scanner or take it to AutoZone and have them check and see. The companion code is suppose to tell you that an another code is in the computer.:thumbup2: