• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Waste Gate Question

Ok time for another question!Does anyone have a link, or information on the process of checking the waste gate as a routine thing?How do yo guys check your waste gate? Is there a step by step method? or what?It doesn't seem logical to go around prying on things, or the such.There must be away to exercise it to get it to open and close.Information will be appreciated.:thumbup2:

My wastegate works fine and stock I could never tell when it opened. It opened around 23 supposedly but I never checked and a boost gauge never showed me anything. I could slowly go up from 18 and never saw the rate change. I say do what guesswho said, take the line off and use a regulator and turn it up until you see it open, then you know the pressure it is opening at.

I just seen this thread....I need to check mine too. One morning I got in my truck and started off as usual and heard a very low rumble on take -off then clearing out at about 12-1500 rpms.It does that each time now. The weather is starting to cool off in the mornings now, so I need to check it out.