• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally!

ISX

Today was the last day of college. These last 5 days were actually only to listen to a representative from a valve actuator company. I can work there but it is seasonal (spring and fall) and fall is too close to get on. So I am thinking of pushing that whole speil aside.

So here are the things I have been thinking about or have seen that sound neat. I actually saw an ad a month ago in colorado specifically for a 12V mechanic for his fleet and it was IIRC, >$20/hr, but I no longer see it :banghead:

That leaves:

[*]Generator Tech

[*]Diesel Tech

[*]Windmill Tech

[*]Electrician

[*]Welder

[*]Machinist

[*]Hot Shotter

[*]Boat Mechanic

I am not a pro at any of those but have experience doing them all so can probably apply to any. I don't know if I want to be a field service tech or just inside some place. I would rather be field but don't know if that is the best route in the long run.

States I want to live in:

[*]Colorado

[*]Utah

[*]Nevada

[*]New Mexico

[*]Arizona

[*]Nebraska

[*]Wyoming

Think anywhere farther North will be too cold for me :lol:

I can get several jobs here, good jobs, but I want to move west and want to get my foot in the door somewhere early in life, rather than work here for 10 years then try and reestablish at another company when I finally move.

So the rest of the week will just be mass produced resume sending lol. Gonna be an interesting.

• Owner

Congrads for making to the end! :smart::thanks: This is the tough part for anyone to find a place to live and getting a job. Right now the economy is really hurting and it going to be tough. But keep after it and keep sending those resumes... If you need a reference for you job I'd be more that willing to stand up for ya! :thumbup2:

Thanks guys! I know it might take a little time but I figure I can find something eventually. I don't need much to survive on lol. I did 2 years at linn state technical college for industrial electricity at and then this summer was a crash course through generators/diesels. I guess I could go 2 more years and get a bachelors but I am ready to get my own place and start having money to polish up the beast :drool:

You could find jobs in mosty all of the areas you listed here in ND as the state is booming in a big way. State can't fill all the jobs that are here. If you find 104 cold then you need to look at a different continent as that is what it hit last sunday here in Bismarck ND.:ahhh: And to be realistic the temps in WYO can be just as cold as up north farther, you need to figure the extra elevation adds to the cold factor. in the mountain areas and the rest of the state just has plain cold 40 mph winds most of the time in the winter.

Consider the wastewater industry. I worked 26 years as a mecanical tech on large stationary engines, and other mechanical equiptment.The work is steady, and the pay is ok. They also have several other positions such as electrical, and instrumentation techs, and computer techs, and etc.

I actually found a guy to call in ND to be a generator tech. I can deal with the cold, I just don't like it :lol: I wish I could work inside the hoover dam, I love that whole area. I don't have any problem with endless heat, the hotter the better. I will have to start searching for the other jobs you guys suggested! I don't know all the job titles so you guys are a big help. The thing seems to be pretty lenient but knowing the titles does seem to get rid of all the jobs that have nothing to do with what I want.Thanks guys!

ATLAS POWER SOLUTIONS, LLCJamestown, NDFinally got a call through to them but had to leave a message. It wouldn't go through on either number all morning, one is still broke but I finally got the other number to work :ahhh: I have NEVER been anywhere close to ND. Is it anything like Michigan or Missouri or Colorado or Minnesota, scenery-wise? Only reason I am moving from here is there is nothing to see :lol: If it comes to it I do have positions I can get here, but I really want that to be a last resort.