• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Buying a Quad soon

I could get it up to about 4 psi on the mechanical but the SGII reading was stuck at 14.6 and did not move. As far as the truck brain goes it was seeing 0 boost and would not fuel very much.

As far driving, completely gutless. I could cruise the interstate at speed, 75 mph, and accelarate very slowly on the flats and slight slopes. But you would have to take run at a 2% or 3% grade. Any thing over you could do but you better be in the slow lane. No fun but better than sitting in a motel another day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 12:41 PM, dripley said:

I could get it up to about 4 psi on the mechanical but the SGII reading was stuck at 14.6 and did not move. As far as the truck brain goes it was seeing 0 boost and would not fuel very much

Wondering if you had a quad, if a guy could create a tune to run stronger with a failed map senso just to get by. @Me78569

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Wondering if you had a quad, if a guy could create a tune to run stronger with a failed map senso just to get by. @Me78569

I think you asked the right person about that. Not sure how the Quad uses map info. But I would think it works in tandem with it.

A map sensor stuck at 0 really limits the fueling from the ecm.  Its really a limp mode.  You could throw a ton of fuel at it and a ton of wiretap but it wouldnt drive nice.

A map sensor that fails low puts the ecm in a part of the map that was not designed to move down the road.

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1