• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Average mpg for basically stock truck

• Staff

@Mopar1973Man, would those tunes yield the same results on my truck? I don't have a tuner but am asking out of curiosity. Being I have a dually I don't think I will ever get the high mpg's that some do anyway. 

Also, we've established that my injectors are original with over 140k on them. I've been noticing a slight "hickup" while idling, would this be due to the injectors as well?

• Owner
1 hour ago, Ironforger said:

@Mopar1973Man Thanks your help is appreciated.

I don't have $1000+ to drop on the Quadzilla Adrenaline and the 7X0.010's.   I'll move forward with this once I have the play money to throw at this truck.

Yea I know my injectors have high mileage , wish I could do this now. Good to at least know that the quad adren & 7x0.010's are the next step.  At least I know my mechanical fuel boss pump and stage 2 clutch will be able to handle these mods when I'm ready to roll.

I would jump at the Quadzilla first. You'll be able to tune around wore injectors to a small degree. If the pop pressure is low you can retard timing to bring the injection event back to time. You can watch the engine load at idle to determine when the injectors should be changed. I'm idling at 7% now from the orignal 13% I had went I first installed. I've got half life for my injectors.  Then you are aware of the injector health and when they need to be changed then you can set timing to make up for the early events because of low pop pressure. 

3 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

@Mopar1973Man, would those tunes yield the same results on my truck? I don't have a tuner but am asking out of curiosity. Being I have a dually I don't think I will ever get the high mpg's that some do anyway. 

There are variables like injectors and pumps that are going to be a bit different. Like my injectors are 7 x 0.010 but popped at 320 bar. This changes timing and makes the injector fire late so I can add more timing that most with standard pop pressure. Now at this point I'm wore down enough to be a standard 7 x 0.010 at about 300 to 310 bar now. My next release of tune should fit more people. Injection pumps wear as well and the cam ring will loose some of the lift on the lobes and the pump get a bit shorthanded. Again a variable... So for the most part it should work but might require a bit of tweaking. Degree here or there of timing or fuel map. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would jump at the Quadzilla first. You'll be able to tune around wore injectors to a small degree. If the pop pressure is low you can retard timing to bring the injection event back to time. You can watch the engine load at idle to determine when the injectors should be changed. I'm idling at 7% now from the orignal 13% I had went I first installed. I've got half life for my injectors.  Then you are aware of the injector health and when they need to be changed then you can set timing to make up for the early events because of low pop pressure. 

Good to know, thanks for the info.

On 4/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, Doubletrouble said:

It's a good chunk of change just for those mods. 

That's why I don't think I can afford to ever sell my pile, too invested in it, need to put few hundred thousand miles without brake down, then I'll probably just give it to my kid and say here you go good luck.... 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

That's why I don't think I can afford to ever sell my pile, too invested in it, need to put few hundred thousand miles without brake down, then I'll probably just give it to my kid and say here you go good luck.... 

Told my son he was taking me on my last ride in mine. he told me it better be running good or he was calling ahead and have them dig a bigger hole. Folks in my family dont get attached to vehicles like I have.

Edited by dripley

1 minute ago, dripley said:

Told my son he was taking me on my last ride in mine. he told me it better be running good or he was calling ahead and have them dig a bigger hole. Folks in my family dont get attached to vehicles like have.

Yhea I remember you telling this story before, I'm sure he's just being funny and inside is wishing you would wear our another Cummins before he has to gid that big hole.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yhea I remember you telling this story before, I'm sure he's just being funny and inside is wishing you would wear our another Cummins before he has to gid that big hole.

A 2020 might change his mind.

4 minutes ago, dripley said:

Plus the son don't like the 3rd pedal.

I feel at times we fail at certain things as parents, but then again all new generations to come think that previous ones were dinasors. Three is a line in send that needs to be drawn though to all this nonsense. 

21 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I feel at times we fail at certain things as parents, but then again all new generations to come think that previous ones were dinasors. Three is a line in send that needs to be drawn though to all this nonsense. 

Maybe not. My old man grew up with clutch. He was glad to get out of it. Of his 5 kids I was the only one to embrace it when l grew up. But l am afraid it is the dinasaur now.

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

then I'll probably just give it to my kid and say here you go good luck.... 

If my youngest ends up with mine I’m going to have to make sure I stay alive long enough to make sure it don’t end up with 44” tires and an 8” axle dump, I don’t know where he learns such language,  

maybe I should just do@dripley route and just go with a big hole, at least I will be able to Rest In Peace 

• Haha 1

• Staff

My kids are already asking who I am leaving what to when I'm gone. The biggest items of interest are my farm, my trucks, my Harley and my guns. 

I keep telling them I'm leaving it all to my 5 year old grandson. Lmao

I'm hoping I have many years left to enjoy the stuff myself. I'm not even 50 yet.

• Haha 1