• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ball joint part numbers

Hi I'm going through the front end on my 99 24v 4x4, I want to replace the hub ball joints.

Ball joints on my truck seem to be in the hub/carrier rather than the axle. Has anyone got the part numbers for the correct ones? And what brands do you guys recommend.

I live over seas and dont want stuff that's going to fail early, also being in the UK returning the wrong parts is costly ??

Thanks 

We have several threads on this thru the years. I get headache every time it comes up. Crapshoot is an accurate description. I am running Moog on mine with 250k on them now. Just lost the tie rod end on the pitman arm. I have new Moog waiting to go on it when the weather permits. Never heard anything bad about MOOG until I put them on. Who knows if they are different now. Guess I will find out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 8:24 PM, Ronniemx3 said:

Hi I'm going through the front end on my 99 24v 4x4, I want to replace the hub ball joints.

Ball joints on my truck seem to be in the hub/carrier rather than the axle. Has anyone got the part numbers for the correct ones? And what brands do you guys recommend.

I live over seas and dont want stuff that's going to fail early, also being in the UK returning the wrong parts is costly ??

Thanks 

I use rockauto, they will have all makes at diff prices... I always buy from the premium list..... shipping to the uk is ok too

On 2/13/2020 at 12:28 PM, wil440 said:

I use rockauto, they will have all makes at diff prices... I always buy from the premium list..... shipping to the uk is ok too

Who I normally use but they list both types for my truck but I think I sorted it... Spicer stuff on ebay they have been good for UJs ??

I have to redo mine, they look stock with 241k miles, since I just bought the truck I've search high and wide to see which ones are the best bang for the buck. And yes, crap shoot is the term that best suits. Rockauto seems to be the best to get them, but they have two types that will be sent out, one is good, the other is not as good. Napa over charges for the same ones, moog has changed theres from like 5 years ago, and they are not as good as the old ones unless of course you get the old stock, which is unlikely. This is just what I've come across for info in the past 2 weeks. 

• Like 1