• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Moving to almost the great white north.

Me78569

Banks can no longer be involved in the appraisal process on any fed backed loan.  

That covers loan types of

FHA

Fanny mae

freedie mack

Conventional

etc

etc

etc

The way it works now is banks must ask a 3rd party company for an appraisal, that 3rd party company goes through their list of contractors in cycles and ask " will you do this?"   

when one says yes you then book it.   At that point it is up to the contractor to do it good enough.  

• Staff

Nick, you went directly to a bank and avoided loan brokers like Lending Tree and others? Please tell me if you have a reason as we just contacted a broker, but they talk like they are loan sharks. I don't like that. We are wanting to lower our interest rate, we can almost cut it in half at this time.

• Staff

Brokers work on a interest rate yield spread that they don't tell you about. Over the life of the mortgage even if the spread is just a third of a point it adds up to many thousands of dollars which they get the full amount of that spread once the loan closes. Car dealers do the same thing and won't reveal that usually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...