• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dynamic valve body

@Dieselfuture wife or kid.

Just picked up 2 trans filters so now I'll have a spare. Might leave work early and go do this. Need to rotate tires today too before the rain come in tomorrow. Have 1 more car i have to get out today then the next couple are projects so won't hurt them to sit. 

Wonder how much power a stock trans and converter with the Dynamic VB will take?

• Owner
1 hour ago, Gregturley said:

Wonder how much power a stock trans and converter with the Dynamic VB will take?

Not much. Stock transmission is rather marginal at best in stock form. The valve body is going to change up your shift.

Like my 46RE has a Dynamic custom build and it bangs the gears yet just wonderfully. The difference is my 46RE is more like 47RE after Dynamic built the rest of the transmission for me. Milled the clutch baskets an 0.1 of inch and added in an extra disc in both overdrive and direct clutches. Plus with all the other goodies, levers and pistons, spring kit, etc. Even added extra oil cooling jets for the clutches. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Got it in but im having issues. Quad is acting stupid and kicking on high idle thats set at 160 at 190. Never had an issue with it until now.

Trans wont shift right. WOT its hitting 3200 and wont up shift till i lift. TV cable is adjusted as loose as it will go.  Done for tonight ill call Jon tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Gregturley said:

Got it in but im having issues. Quad is acting stupid and kicking on high idle thats set at 160 at 190. Never had an issue with it until now.

Trans wont shift right. WOT its hitting 3200 and wont up shift till i lift. TV cable is adjusted as loose as it will go.  Done for tonight ill call Jon tomorrow.

My trans did the same thing but I was able to loosen the cable to shift at 2900. Can you turn the high idle off on the quad? 

6 hours ago, Gregturley said:

Yes i turned it off but why is it doing it? Worked fine before.

I had a problem with the turbo cool down feature awhile back. It quit working. Fuse was good.  With it linked to the Quad I toggled it off and on a couple times and it started working. Yours is definitely odd. 

I do not think its anything to do with the new valve body. I'm tagging @Dynamic in this for advice. I have not talked to him about this yet today.

When i come to a stop i can feel it downshift into 1st pretty hard. It feels like pulling the shifter into manual 1st (L). Quad shows 4-3-2-1 as im stopping. The 2-1 downshift is solid like i pulled it into manual 1st. After im completely stopped Quad shows 1-3-4-L. When i start moving L changes to 1. Runs thru upshifts pretty much normal at light to moderate throttle. WOT will not shift 1-2 until i lift. When in P R or N Quad shows L. It was always accurate before this issue. 

It started doing this with the old valve body. I thought it might be an issue with the stock VB and used it as an excuse to get one from Jon.

I do not beat on this truck and had never done a WOT run until after the Dynamic VB swap to adjust the TV cable. 

I have something going on inside the trans. Just have to do some research and pull it i guess.

19 hours ago, Gregturley said:

I do not think its anything to do with the new valve body. I'm tagging @Dynamic in this for advice. I have not talked to him about this yet today.

When i come to a stop i can feel it downshift into 1st pretty hard. It feels like pulling the shifter into manual 1st (L). Quad shows 4-3-2-1 as im stopping. The 2-1 downshift is solid like i pulled it into manual 1st. After im completely stopped Quad shows 1-3-4-L. When i start moving L changes to 1. Runs thru upshifts pretty much normal at light to moderate throttle. WOT will not shift 1-2 until i lift. When in P R or N Quad shows L. It was always accurate before this issue. 

It started doing this with the old valve body. I thought it might be an issue with the stock VB and used it as an excuse to get one from Jon.

I do not beat on this truck and had never done a WOT run until after the Dynamic VB swap to adjust the TV cable. 

I have something going on inside the trans. Just have to do some research and pull it i guess.

Your TV cable is too tight. This has the line pressure too high on your light throttle stuff, as well as your downshifts. Loosen the cable until WOT 1-2 occurs at 2900 rpm. If the cable is out of adjustment (fairly common), you can tweak the bracket down at the transmission. The TV cable setups in these things are wildly inconsistent, so you just use whatever means available to achieve a 2900 rpm WOT 1-2 shift.

Follow up:

Can't say enough good about Jon @Dynamic and his customer service. I knew i had some issues i needed to fix before i called him but he saw the above  post and called me Sat morning. Talked to him for about 30 minutes. Great guy to do business with.

I had forgotten when i 1st got the truck the plastic end on the TV cable was broken. I cut the ball off the cable, replaced the end that hooks onto the engine and crimped on a new ferrule. My cable is now 3/16" or so shorter than factory length. Took Jons advice and bent the bracket on the trans. Was able to do a WOT run this morning and it shifted at 2700. Ill adjust and try it again this afternoon.

As far as the Quad goes its still acting stupid. Kicked on high idle at 189 engine temp this morning and gear indicator is still screwed up but thats something for a different post.

• Like 1