• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Install guide for kill switch on 2nd gen cummins

• 2 weeks later...

The best method of preventing starting is to open up the PDC under the hood and look for the fuel pump relay there should be a black wire going to a ground bus. Unhook it and run it into the cab on a SPST toggle switch. The other leg goes to ground. So as long as the switch is on it will run normal. switch off the truck will not start and throw a P1689 code and set the CEL. As for the switch it has to hidden is such a way that neither the passenger or people outside can see you reaching for the switch to keep the secret. I though of mini switch behind my brake release since I'm a manual and I could release the brake and the toggle at the same time. Another spot under the left side of the seat that you maybe able to reach. 

Fuel Pump relay shown in the upper right corner. Just extend the ground lead in the truck add a toggle switch.

Engine System (Page 3) wiring map 1999 Dodge Ram

Another way is to install a Quadzilla and set the program level to 1 and then set the fuel for valet mode to 10 or 15%. Now the truck may start but only moves about 15 MPH. You can use both as a deterrent. 

Here ya'll go enjoy!

I live in the neighborhood where no one even knows how to drive a stick, don't know how many times I almost got rear-ended taking off from a stop. I'm more worried about when I go out in the middle of nowhere, where these trucks are like gold. But then again if somebody wants it they'll get it, it'll just stop the ones that have no clue what they're doing and looking for a quick buck.

On 10/6/2020 at 6:03 PM, dripley said:

If man comes up with a good idea for a kill switch and pumps the idea out on the open internet, so much for a good idea. 

You assume that Thieves can read!!!  Oh you said computer.  If you want to keep it a secret put it in a book I guarantee that the Thieves won't find it!!!