Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Recommended Posts

 I touched on this a little in another thread a while back. Finally getting to it.

 My abs light flashes constantly. The red brake light on the dash is not on, only the flashing abs light.

 I have read through the abs article and it refers to the abs/brake light both being on. So that didn't really give me a definite answer to my problem

Abs light flashing, no parking brake light on and the speedo is working fine, cruise control works, brake lights come on when brakes applied as they should and 4wd light comes on and engages as it should. I did replace one front wheel speed sensor yesterday, planning on doing the other side either today or tomorrow but I feel it may not be the issue. 

 Anyone else ever run into this?

 Any advise would be appreciated. The light is just annoying. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors
3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

 I touched on this a little in another thread a while back. Finally getting to it.

 My abs light flashes constantly. The red brake light on the dash is not on, only the flashing abs light.

 I have read through the abs article and it refers to the abs/brake light both being on. So that didn't really give me a definite answer to my problem

Abs light flashing, no parking brake light on and the speedo is working fine, cruise control works, brake lights come on when brakes applied as they should and 4wd light comes on and engages as it should. I did replace one front wheel speed sensor yesterday, planning on doing the other side either today or tomorrow but I feel it may not be the issue. 

 Anyone else ever run into this?

 Any advise would be appreciated. The light is just annoying. 

My ABS light has just started randomly and occasionally flashing.  I'll have to keep an eye on it.  I'm interested in knowing what you learn here.  Keep us posted please.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The rear axle I believe has a sensor on it. They can go bad or have a wonky connection, it can trigger the light. If the ABS light burns out, the brake light stays on. 

 

The proportioning valve may be triggering the light as well.

 

Those may be 12v exclusive issues, except the rear axle sensor.

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 6:43 PM, That Guy said:

The rear axle I believe has a sensor on it. They can go bad or have a wonky connection, it can trigger the light. If the ABS light burns out, the brake light stays on. 

 

The proportioning valve may be triggering the light as well.

 

Those may be 12v exclusive issues, except the rear axle sensor.

You're right, I had an issue with abs coming on and changed the rear sensor, still did it, so changed front sensors, still did it, few years later I changed front wheel hubs with sensors, still did it, then I had abs module rebuild, still did it, well I changed the rear sensor again and no more light...... Poop happens, don't think new sensor is always good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem was the connection where the wires come together at the very top of the pumpkin on the diff.

I put a jumper wire in and my light went off...jumped up and down for joy,  mangled a hose clamp around it till I got a another connection and three years later it still got the hose clamp on it making the connection right at the very top of the pumpkin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Rear axle speed sensor typically will see as a goofy speedometer that doesn't work right all the time. Like get below 30 MPH and drops to 0 or something odd. That is a failed sensor. Now the front to sensors if you suspect the front replace in pairs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Rear axle speed sensor typically will see as a goofy speedometer that doesn't work right all the time. Like get below 30 MPH and drops to 0 or something odd. That is a failed sensor. Now the front to sensors if you suspect the front replace in pairs. 

My speedometer always worker fine but abs/brake light would come and go. After changing front sensors and later hubs with sensors again I changed rear sensor again and it fixed my issue. But you are right, usually you'd lose spedo, like truck we had at work 2500 gasser wire was rubbing on sway bar and got shorted out, I fixed the wire and all came back to normal, spedo didn't work with bad wire.

Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...