• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turn signals not working

Funny you mention this, mine started intermittently not working as well just recently. I believe it's the multifunction switch that needs to be replaced. I ordered one off 1aauto. About 30 bucks cheaper than the auto parts store. (37 dollars i think was the price?)https://www.1aauto.com/dodge-jeep-chrysler-plymouth-combination-switch-diy-solutions/i/1azts00007/474507/2001

But now that i have the new one here at home, the blinker is working like there was nothing wrong to begin with. So now I wait.....

I think there is a fuse or relay you can check as well.

Edited by Alexio Auditore

The multifunction switch is usually the culprit for intermittent problems.  It is not hard to do, you just need to have some of the "tamper proof" torx bits.  (the one with the hole in the middle.)

Our flasher unit is special it is electronic (not heat based like the older ones)  it is in the fuse block in the cab.  its called the combination flasher.

GL  HTH

Hag

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Make Certain they gave you the correct flasher.  Ours is NOT like most cars.  (most cars use a bi-metallic flash unit.)  ours is a small computer board.

You will want to read section 8L of the manual for how it works.  Here is a schematic of how it works.   Notice you had hazards (which is a separate input from "turn signal switch") So it would lead one to think you are missing the turn signal (left right) input signal.

image.png.d0826128654a40654c2be3f7db75554b.png

You may have to look at 8w52-2 and hunt out what is missing on the wiring diagram. 

image.png.11a3bc9c06ebfcba4d47037e3a9a8992.png

GL  HTH

Hag

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dripley said:

I have an electronic in mine. The only it does not do that the oe did is blink fast when the bulb is blown. Cost me a ticket in Virginia. State trooper would not even let replace the bulb on the highway. Had it in the glove box.

Here I am on the pooper making another state trooper

• Haha 1