• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My first time posting in here. I don’t know if I’m posting in the correct section or not so, my apologies if I’m not. I need some enlightenment from the knowledge you guys have. I’m looking to get around 475-525 hp. I currently have a fass 165, quadzilla adrenaline with comp tunes, all necessary gauges and a S&B intake. The turbo I have my eye on is a Smeding SM-S362-68-14CM. What I’m wondering is what size injectors I’m gonna need to fuel that turbo and keep the EGTs reasonable. Truck is a 2000 24 Valve auto. Thanks. Thinking of this turbo because it’s fairly easy to get here in Canada 

Edited by White wondee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im running that exact smedding 62 68 14 wait mines a 62 65 14 i think. Mines a 3rd gen turbo though cause I screwd up accidentally orderd the wrong one.

I love the turbo it lights quick and runs cool with 100hp injectors was a hame changer no more driving by egt gause no more peddling off climbs and noticable amount more power compared to stock. 

Im sure results with the 62 68 14 will be just as good. You may not even want any tuning.

Turbo,  injectors and your golden no messing with tunes fighting egts and trying to make power. Mechanicly it just does it on its own 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Evan said:

Turbo,  injectors and your golden no messing with tunes fighting egts and trying to make power. Mechanicly it just does it on its own 

I agree with this to a point. You're still using stock fuel and timing maps that came with the truck, designed for stock turbo and injectors plus some emmisions. I can see how it would work decent if turbo/injectors combo is a good match, but for optimum performance tuning is where it's at. Each set up can be fine tuned with a quad much closer then relying on factory tune. Of course you can make it worse if you don't know what you're doing, and I'm not taking about you in particular just anyone that is messing with this stuff.

I know my truck runs clean with more power and better mpg with a tune then with relying on ECM tune alone. Yes if I step on it I don't get good mpg but power is there, mpg is very delicate subject doesn't take much for it to go down the toilet.

• Like 1

I have to agree with both of you. If you can get to where you want mechanically or electronically go for it. Not everyone wants a lot of extra power and some do. I know I was tickled to death when I put the Banks tuner on in 2005, then 4 years later I added some rv275's and was just as tickled again. Then 5 years later I added the Edge Comp and was tickled pink again. And hear we are now and I would like to add a quad but tuning part is holding me back. Just not sure I want to mess with learning it. I will know that better after I put the HE351W on the truck when gets here. I hope to be tickled with that addition as much as the others. Time will tell. @Dieselfuture @Evan

• Like 1

Tuning is a little  imitating at first. But with all the information on here it makes it much easier. It’s actually pretty easy. I started out with a stock truck which was a dog.Found a power puck. Ran better.   Upgraded to an HX 35. Then went to RV275 injectors. Then found some 100 hp injectors put those on along with the Quad.  Truck ran really  good. Then DAP had a sale on injectors so I bought 7x10, 150hp. Put together my hybrid turbo. Truck screams with no black smoke. My travel trailer is pretty light. Probably 7000lbs. Loaded. Pulls 7% grades at 60 mph pretty easily with the cruise set. In the spring we want to go to Shaver lake which is an 11% grade. Pulled it before with the 100’s and the quad. Did pretty good then too. Timing is key with the quad. 

• Owner
On 1/21/2021 at 7:52 PM, Threadzy said:

Timing is key with the quad. 

Yes sir, you absolutely correct. Better your timing the better the power and reduction of smoke.

If your watching your oil temp like I do you can see how much flame is on the cylinder walls. The oil temp will rise up when you advance heavy. Oil temp will fall when your retard the timing. Then Engine Load will tell you also if you to far one way or another. Over advance you'll create negative torque which is the gases light off as the piston still travelling up and it creates a downward force while traveling up. Typically there is quite a bit of knock being create and could be heard. Retarded to far and it will turn kind of silent. Either direction the engine load will rise when you hit the optimal realm the engine load will fall sharply.