• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which Mechanics Creeper?

JAG1

• Staff

It's funny my old KMart creeper was great for many years, repaired it a few times. Now the same one sells around 3 times what I originally paid $24.95. Now sells on the net for 74 dollars. I'm amazed they still make those wooden ones.

I do carry a padded mat with me in the RV on long trips. IBMobile likes using it and it helps slide things in and out of storage in the RV with the 5 foot long basement.

2 hours ago, LorenS said:

My dad's Snap-On creeper is around 30 years old.  No problems with the wheels, bearings, cracked frame welds, or anything. The padding is still good, and pad cover hasn't split - it is thick material. He's been well over 250 pounds the whole time.

The wheels are larger than most, and I think there are 8 wheels, not 6.

Now you got me regretting my not getting one...... Oh well, I can try out the AFF and report about it.

Our shop at work only has snap on creepers, and a couple of bone creepers, some of the snap on ones have been their as long as I have, over 25 years.

the one at home is just a Pittsburgh from harbor freight, it’s pretty much the same one from other box stores, just a different color and name, It works for home use but it stays on the garage floor and I’m not a large man by no means, it’s held up for several years 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

My new creeper is due to show up tonight before 9 tonight. I'm excited about mounting two metal plates above the shoulder area to hold a fully adjustable magnetic light on either side. It is 47 inches long and wider than most. Supposed to be pretty comfy.