• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2nd Quadzilla In 2 Years, Anyone Else Have Problems?

the point of MM3 is you do custom tuning to the ecm.  You put an edge on it and now your custom tuning is being altered and changed by the edge.   

Whats the point of custom tuning if you are just going to let the edge alter you tune? 

I just really dislike the princple of it.

Edited by Me78569

18 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

the point of MM3 is you do custom tuning to the ecm.  You put an edge on it and now your custom tuning is being altered and changed by the edge.   

Whats the point of custom tuning if you are just going to let the edge alter you tune? 

I just really dislike the princple of it.

I completely agree, seems redundant, unless the MM3 is modifying the Juice's tunes, but I do not know enough about the setup to say for sure what it does.

It's not redunant it's counter productive.

The MM3 is changing the maps in the ECM to give huge control over the tuning process,  this cost $$$ compared to other 2nd gen tuning, but the result can be really good.  The ecm then sends out a fueling and timing command to the VP44 based on the MM3 custom tune, 

Next the edge intercepts the fueling and timing commands takes it into its own software alters the fueling and timing commands based on it's own proprietary tuning   and resends the altered fueling and timing command to the VP44.  

so why have all the power of the mm3 then use the edge to change your custom tune based on some proprietary tune that edge is only in control of?   People have no possible way to know the resulting outcome after the edge is in play.  

the reason why people want to do this is the mm3 doesn't have wiretap so you have to play within the system limits that the vp44 and ecm were designed for.

Hopefully that sheds light on why it rubs me the wrong way.  

• Like 2

I also forgot the most important issue with the mm3 edge stack.   

that is having to do with boost fooling.  The edge boost fools so you ecm never see's above ~16psi.  This means your custom tuning in the mm3 must have %100 of it's mapping done between 0-16 psi since the ecm will never see anything more than that.  

• Like 1

• Staff
On 2/20/2021 at 8:14 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Absolutely nothing is tied to my batteries except the alternator charge lead to the passenger battery and the ground lead added on the driver side battery. Everything else is hooked up in the PDC from the red lead in there. 

DRIVER SIDE BATTERY

DSCF5205.JPG

PASSENGER BATTERY

DSCF5206.JPG

NOW LOOKING INSIDE THE PDC. No rotten connection, no acid problems, no inference for jumper cables. No forgotten wires to hook back up to the batteries.

DSCF5207.JPG

Mike,

Are all of your grounds for all the devices you installed that get their power from the PDC, connected at the one fender bolt?

Edited by 01_Cummins_4x4

• Owner
4 hours ago, 01_Cummins_4x4 said:

Mike,

Are all of your grounds for all the devices you installed that get their power from the PDC, connected at the one fender bolt?

Any body bolt will work as long as it stays tight. Like my Quadzilla is grounded to the hood hinge bolt. The bolt back out and created all kinds of hell. Tighten the bolt and everything works again. No. You don't need to ground directly to the battery. Like my truck I've got a mere 0.003V (3 mV DC) Drop from Battery NEG post to the body or block anywhere. This is while the truck is running with all loads going.