• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Suggestions for injectors, turbo, head gasket.

Yes, the gxe way outflows the hy35, but don't expect the gxe to be a 500 hp turbo.  It's designed for guys who want extremely fast spooling turbo with an end hp goal of 400-450hp without pushing the turbo out of it's map.  

the hy and hx 35's are out of their maps by 300-350 hp.

On 7/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, Sycostang67 said:

The turbo is coming with a new T3 manifold so I also decided to get some stainless studs for that as well.  

I need to get an estimate for some cement work and then I should be able to pull the money and get everything ordered.  :cheerleader:

My stock manifold has a small crack in it at the bottom not leaking yet but not m guessing soon it will, been getting bigger trough out the years, I'm looking for a one piece ss manifold and probably will put in some ss studs. N Ed to start saving up so I can just buy it all new, screw it... 

I was looking at the Steed speed manifold, but it sounds like unless I am looking for some crazy power numbers, it's not worth the extra $600.  I assume the T3 manifold that comes with the GXE turbo is a standard cast piece.  I guess I will probably have to redrill my EGT probe holes.  Should I relocate the holes?  They are both currently in the center section one towards the front and one towards the back.  Should I move them further apart?

The reason for the price is the steed speed is a billet machined manifold. Its supposedly the closest thing to a header without getting one of the equal length tubular ones. I think its also one of the few manifolds that actually make power. Most are a copy of the same factory manifold, with the ability to expand and contract better. Stainless diesel is the other one that makes more power. But yes the horsepower for dollar on a manifold isnt great. Kind of rivals a cam and intake horn in that regard

My egt probes are in the merge areas by the flange. 

I've got everything but the down pipe and it should arrive tomorrow.  Much to my surprise the exhaust manifold that came with the turbo was a 3 piece unit.  I'll probably have it powder coated, I'm not building a show truck but I don't care for the rusty look under the hood.  

• Like 1

Well I have everything, even went and got those Black Horse Racing intercooler boots just because I needed to spend at least $6 more for free shipping.  Now I have to get the energy.  We been so short handed at work that I'm working 12-15 hours a day and have zero energy when the weekend arrives.  I am thinking about having someone else do the injectors and head studs at least.  I guess I'll ask around and maybe the price tag will motivate me to do it myself.

• 4 weeks later...

I would have pushed a borg 62 65 14 or 62 68 12 on you hard core.

I read through this and see screaming eagle ill have to go research

S300 57/65/14cm

Not surecwhat i think about that but im sure its a better flowing turbo than the hy35

Have you installed injectors yet? Theyre easy to do i have the injector tool but have pulled them with out it.

When i do my next set im going pull front tires and set truck on the rotors. After putting a couple lug nuts back on.

Edited by Evan

I got the two upper boots swapped as the one kept popping off and was able to take the truck on a proper rip.  The new injectors definitely make the bigger turbo spool quicker and with almost no smoke once it's lit.  If I left off and floor it again, I make a decent cloud before the turbo kicks back in.  I will try turning the pre-boost fuel down on the Edge and see if that helps, worst case scenario I give the Quadzilla another try.  I'm going camping this weekend so I'll see how the new setup handles the camper.  

17 minutes ago, Sycostang67 said:

I'm going camping this weekend so I'll see how the new setup handles the camper.  

Please keep us posted, after my +75hp injectors I was hitting 1350-1400 for 30-60 seconds on i84 between mountain home and twin pulling only 2000lbs, now I'm afraid to throw my 9000lbs behind it. I have yet to change exhaust and turbo, I want compounds or VGT, but everywhere I call really keeps recommending that screaming eagle you got. I tell you what though the +75's woke my truck up, no more stuttering from a stop, just goes even without the boost.