• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone with an RV near N.W. Ohio?

• Staff
1 hour ago, Threadzy said:

Ever had an issue with getting a spot? 

Not this time of year if your dry camping.  Dry camping is pretty much open that time of year.  IF you want hook ups then yes there is a problem.  There are only 43 of them and they are all taken the 1st day they're open.   All camp sites are dirt and uneven and not well marked.  We pull up into a group near a water spigot so we can refill our freshwater tank anytime. 

We bring 2 boats, a 14' and 16", with us so no problem getting out on the lake.  Some time we bring the boats down to the Bridgeport reservoir and try our luck there.  There is a free shotting range in Bridgeport that we go to for a day and everyone is welcome to come.  

• Thanks 1

• Staff
6 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Not this time of year if your dry camping.  Dry camping is pretty much open that time of year.  IF you want hook ups then yes there is a problem.  There are only 43 of them and they are all taken the 1st day they're open.   All camp sites are dirt and uneven and not well marked.  We pull up into a group near a water spigot so we can refill our freshwater tank anytime. 

Sites aren't terribly uneven, 4-5 blocks of wood or whatever does the trick. I'm glad they don't pave the roads in and out, makes everyone drive slow with very little dust. It's pretty cool. place.

• Like 1

• Staff

@Mopar1973Man says he is going to make the biggest attempt at going. I know he just has to mark the calender what days and schedule everything around it. That way it's actually planned and your not disappointing everyone at the last minute. :punish:In reality his transmission went out and had to cancel. If your worried about the cold with your RV, IBMobile and the gang runs the water all nite. Mine has heat ducted to the tanks with all lines inside :tongue:. There's plenty of frost free hydrants everywhere so no big deal just camp next to one. with the rest of us and we'll branch off a hose for you. That reminds me I need to bring a garden hose 'Y' for any that might forget.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

I’m talking to the wife about going. Once there is an exact date I’ll see if We can get the time off. I’ll try and talk my brother-in-law  and sister-in-law into going to.  He’s got an ‘02 2500 as well. Heck his truck is what made me want to get one 5 years ago. 

• Like 2

• Staff
3 hours ago, Threadzy said:

Once there is an exact date I’ll see if We can get the time off.

That's great!  Looking forward to you and your in-laws joining us; the more the better.  We usually go the middle of the second week in May and leave Thursday of the following week.  We'll get a firm date sometime at the end February or the first part of March.  

• Like 1

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Don't forget me in the notifications of this trip.

We won't forget but, you have to mark your calendar so you automatically know to turn down any business for those 9 or 10 days. Sometimes it's 12 days. I discovered it was very satisfying, in a strange way, to turn down work keeping that time for you. It felt right instead of always giving in.

• Owner

Right now I'm being fussy about jobs anyways. I really don't want to work outside any longer. I'm getting tired of have the ice injure me (slips and falls), then the cold itsself which is getting old coming home to try and warm up in a shower or next to a wood stove. I'm ready for spring and getting the heck out of here.

• Staff
5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm ready for spring and getting the heck out of here.

I to am ready for spring. It hasn't been a terribly rough or cold winter but I would really like some seat time on the harley. 

Things are backing up, my truck is down for now, to cold to want to work on it. I have other things outside that need attention as well. Just don't want to mess with them in the cold either.

Also looking forward to camping season,  won't be making it to Cali with you all but I am looking forward to some decompression.

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

I to am ready for spring. It hasn't been a terribly rough or cold winter but I would really like some seat time on the harley. 

Things are backing up, my truck is down for now, to cold to want to work on it. I have other things outside that need attention as well. Just don't want to mess with them in the cold either.

Also looking forward to camping season,  won't be making it to Cali with you all but I am looking forward to some decompression.

I understand the roads thru the Black hills are supposed to be spectacular on a motorcycle. Thinkin' about it, like to leave everything for a whole summer on a Harley Davidson.:thumb1:

• Like 2

• Owner
2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I understand the roads thru the Black hills are supposed to be spectacular on a motorcycle. Thinkin' about it, like to leave everything for a whole summer on a Harley Davidson.:thumb1:

I've done local road trips on a 1983 Honda Goldwing 1100cc. I enjoyed it for a short time till the head gasket blew. 

Totally different area of the planet but we're thinking of taking our 5th to Denmark around May for my brother in laws 70th, not sure yet as the ferry is a huge amount direct to Denmark

Could get a ferry to Brussels then just drive north I suppose but the cost of fuel will end up being the same or more as direct ferry

If that doesn't happen then the Scottish 500 

• Like 1

• Staff
50 minutes ago, wil440 said:

Totally different area of the planet but we're thinking of taking our 5th to Denmark around May for my brother in laws 70th, not sure yet as the ferry is a huge amount direct to Denmark

Could get a ferry to Brussels then just drive north I suppose but the cost of fuel will end up being the same or more as direct ferry

If that doesn't happen then the Scottish 500 

Does taking the Scottish 500 mean that you have to do 100 miles per hour (what's that in kilometers?:think:) just to reach the speed limit with your 5th wheel in tow? :wow:

For some reason all I see is a roof membrane peeling off.  LOL

Edited by JAG1