• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

French creek camp out

• Owner

Friend of mine (Andrew), got a hold of me Thursday night and mention that he wanted go out horn hunting. I jumped at the chance to get out for the first time in the spring. Hiked in roughly 5 miles into French creek and set up camp. I was bit too wore out by then and opted to hang at the camp. I spent the better part of the day gathering firewood and keeping the home fires going. Had a wonderful time up there that night, rocked out to misuc, food and good company. Then the next morning we woke up at 6:30am MDT. Still dim lit and got a fire started and got breakfast going. Just as we got breakfast and got eating the snow started to fall. We were up around 4,030 ft according to my Garmin GPS. We quickly ate breakfast and got rolling out. 

Screenshot_20220401-160540_Maps.jpg

20220401_085500.jpg

20220401_180145.jpg

20220402_083736.jpg

20220401_184407.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

Well consider at about 2.5 miles in you have to cross French creek. So pull you boots, socks and pants off and walk across the creek in 34 degree water. Then hurry up get you pants, socks and boots on. The way home we tried to cheat and just roll up our pants and just pull or sock and boots. Needless to say my pant legs fell back in the water half across. By the time I got to the truck my pant legs were nearly dry. Yup. Body heat was drying me out quickly.

I've got a photo of Andrew crossing in his underwear. Not something I would post here but you get the picture.

I'll admit I'm not in great shape but made the trip 3 hours in packing roughly 50 pounds of gear, water and food. Then with cloud cover it was cool for the evening but like I said next morning it was snowing on us. Nicer to come out mostly empty pack other that gear. We ate good up there. I slept good. 

Today I'm one sore puppy. My hips and lower back are still screaming but I've got a solution for that too. :whistle:

Oh I asked Andrew where the trail goes and it's roughly 24 miles long going to  Seasech summit. Yeah it's still covered yet but that is what French creek is all about is snow melt.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
17 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Beautiful location and great camp story but did you get any horns.  

No. I'd stayed at camp. Too wore out for more hiking steep country. So I gather wood for the night. Enjoyed the peace and quiet.

12 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Beautiful remote place

Is that Sasquatch in the third pic? The dark spot in the lower right... looks like he's sitting down right there!

That was Andrew. He's my Hobbit. This little dude can move down a trail in a quick hurry. No joke.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1