• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Unpaid members

On 12/17/2022 at 4:56 PM, JAG1 said:

I need to look that one up in the medical books :think:

I never seen that ailment in any medi books I ever looked through :lmao:

Collected the S185 bobcat today, 22 ft long  tri axle trailer on a UK towbar LOL, USA bumper pull although if it was on the bumper I'm sure that the bumper would still be 40 miles away from me right now alongside the trailer and skidder.

6600 lb  or so plus trailer and quite a bit of weight it the truck too,  pulled it great with cream crackered injectors, everything else except fuel transfer pump stock and large tyres, EGT never went over 900 and only on LVL 3 on the quad

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

@wil440, What's 'cream crackered injectors?

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/cream-crackered

Slang for knackered which means tired, worn out     https://www.dictionary.com/browse/knacker-s-yard#:~:text=knacker's yard noun British a slaughterhouse for horses,in the phrase ready for the knacker's yard)

Here the place where fallen stock (dead/dying worn out cattle etc) goes to was referred to as the Knackers yard 

Knacker

Person who removes carcasses

A knacker, knackerman or knacker man is a person who removes and clears animal carcasses from private farms or public highways and renders the collected carcasses into by-products such as fats, tallow…

The trade of the knackerman was passed down from generation to generation, it was not a trade that you could go to college for, you had to learn the trade in a knackeryard.

In the EU, the legislation covering knackeries is Regulation (EC) No 1069/2009 of 21 October 2009. It regulates animal by-products and derived products not intended for human consumption.

In southern parts of Australia, if something is rendered useless or broken by an inept person, it is said to be "knackered".

Also

knacker

[ˈnakə]

NOUN

knackers (plural noun)

BRITISH

a person whose business is the disposal of dead or unwanted animals, especially those whose flesh is not fit for human consumption.

BRITISH

VULGAR SLANG

(KNACKERS)

testicles.

IRISH

INFORMAL

DEROGATORY

an uncouth or loutish person.

That should just about cover every meaning of the word Knacker and the slang "cream crackered...... BUT there is also a savoury biscuit here called a Cream Cracker :lmao:

I do go to a site in Walsall  (brummies) as in Close to Birmingham, so most speak Brummie which is not understandable by any human being, But 3 supervisors are from the North East (Sunderland) those 3 may have well have dropped off of Mars and it's 180/200 mile away from where I live,  check Out Geordie speak

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-geordie-sayings-words-phrases-6466922

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Yep, that covers it real well, I'd say..:lmao::thumb1: Recon I shouldn't ask for them that there definitions too often, you need to get some work done.:wink:

all done over 2 cups of strong coffee first thing this morning (well first thing for me that is :))  while waiting for me joints to start to move a little easier

• Staff
7 hours ago, wil440 said:

all done over 2 cups of strong coffee first thing this morning (well first thing for me that is :))  while waiting for me joints to start to move a little easier

Ah coffee, the real morning medicine / joint juice. Sometimes I got to have coffee just to get get my balance back like when I'm tired and can't sleep or when I'm not tired but want to sleep. Just don't get :think: this being old stuff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Ah coffee, the real morning medicine / joint juice. Sometimes I got to have coffee just to get get my balance back like when I'm tired and can't sleep or when I'm not tired but want to sleep. Just don't get :think: this being old stuff.

certain fact is my 15 or so years at school never taught me nowt about getting old :stuned: in the mornings I squeak like a brickies wheelbarrow

There should be a course at school....  then again my Dad told me what NOT to do but did I listen !!!!   now I'm creaking

• Like 2

• Staff

Yes @wil440, there ought to be a course on getting old. I kept going to the doc with new ailments, not knowing these things are normal when aging. Like a switch getting pulled it happens and you don't want to admit it nor lose your abilities. I'm still working since I like being wanted and it helps to stay strong. Fun to make changes for others (nothing like years of experience) but, the normal ailments taught me to work less and enjoy doing my own stuff for a change. :thumb1:

• Like 2

• Owner

Yeah I know it just as well. I've got a plan in place to hopefully be able to retire from wrenching in my 60's if possible. I'm currently looking for an apprentice o teach my skills and knowledge to and be able to hand the wrench work to this person. I want to get back to what I love doing is working the website but like most you notice that there is time where I disappear for periods and then pop back up. Those days I've been super busy work till 5 pm or later some days, wore out and hurting. This last summer I went camping with both @IBMobile and @JAG1 for there trip. Then one more time with @Honey Badger that was it my RV has been parked most of the summer and fall. Yeah I'm ready to break out and do camping and fishing. Last spring even @Honey Badger bought me a new fishing pole and never even used it being so busy with wrenching jobs. I want to change that this coming year and get a balance to my life to hopefully have a little fun and have a bit of spare time to have some fun memories.  

• Like 4