• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Unpaid members

On 12/11/2022 at 11:07 PM, Max Tune said:

What's up with the garage vehicle posts by unpaid members? What's the purpose. Seems to be alot of them recently.  Just curious. 

I took a look at some of the trucks, quickly made me realise how rough mine actually looks :) 

:) for my 3500 you could add a nought to your 30 feet

My 2500 looks right as it's always got my mobile workshop on the towbar, crane bolted to the bed and right now 30 gallon of Cat trans oil and my oxy/propane kit in the bed, been on site all day in -6c repairing a broken propshaft on a Cat 966 loading shovel, was going to take a pic but I got too cold, maybe tomorrow

• Haha 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, W-T said:

When I was 12 years old I noticed the old guys (16 & 17 year old dudes) had jobs, a cool car and a pretty girl hanging around when they were washing their cars...I took note right away of the proper order of things... Job...cool wheels and wow, girls! 1166380760_Thankgiving2007017.jpg.8e7833a5ed0df1df89cca6d714528fd2.jpg

It is especially fun if they are short and require help to get into a lifted CTD when wearing a short skirt :cool:

my bad

W-T

My wife has a nice Subaru but still wants to go to dinner in my truck LOL!

• Like 1

• Staff
5 hours ago, W-T said:

It is especially fun if they are short and require help to get into a lifted CTD when wearing a short skirt :cool:

I'm still waiting for the fun part.  

4 hours ago, wil440 said:

Just added a picture of my truck but it was upside down so deleted it GGRRR

Upload the pic and I'll flip it for you.

My truck from 30 feet away at Grant Lake, CA while waiting for Mopar Man and Jag1 to finish their bike ride around the June Lake loop this past spring

IMG_7656.JPG.d627e6fcb14008bbf14057108912fef9.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tractorman said:

I think it is because you are on the other side of the world.

- John

:)  I've no idea why every picture I try and post is upside down, if I save upside down it still comes out upside down, if I save right way up it comes out upside down, think I might try a pic direct from my phone instead of Laptop

At the moment we are a bit sideways in the UK but we're not upside down just yet....... maybe heading that way sooner rather than later LOL

8 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I'm still waiting for the fun part.  

Upload the pic and I'll flip it for you.

My truck from 30 feet away at Grant Lake, CA while waiting for Mopar Man and Jag1 to finish their bike ride around the June Lake loop this past spring

IMG_7656.JPG.d627e6fcb14008bbf14057108912fef9.JPG

Wow another spotless truck :thumb1:

Tried again and sure enough wrong way up

ram 1.jpg

I'm now going to use a different browser to see what happens

logged on using firefox still upside down for the pic above but deleted it

tried another that wasn't took using my phone and it was ok so I think it is my phone camera settings

Edited by wil440
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a Bobcat S185 skid steer to transport on Tuesday, got a lot of work to do on it over xmas, not a 5th or gooseneck trailer though but towbar which isn't the best only 40 miles from site to my workshop so not too bad

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Andyba20 said:

Is a towbar in UK the same thing as it is in America? Bc if so I’m gonna need pics/videos of that 40 mile trip. 

No I don't think so, would it be bumper pull ? didn't put bumper pull as the pin/ ball  is not in the bumper but on what is called a towbar here  IE a heavy duty frame bolted to the vehicle frame that holds the pin, i'll get a picture  tomorrow but it will be upside down :lmao:

Ha! It’s just a slight transatlantic variance in lexicon. This is a tow bar here.

F97CD2C3-B4A1-4B79-BBB9-C29E19A91471.jpeg.1630a51a3ac0844546dfb731557c6f24.jpeg

and this is what came up when I googled towbar

3E9EF767-902E-4E57-BFBC-069CE84C83C5.jpeg.e4318a3cd2ee64f1ccadfb9efd61f3c6.jpeg

That ⬆️ would violate public decency laws in my state 😆 

I guess what you call a towbar is what I call a receiver hitch. Then a ball would be attached to a hitch and then inserted into the receiver. Actually when I say it out loud, our terms are very confusing bc they are interchangeable. 

Yep, I guess bumper pull is the universal term.

Edited by Andyba20
Typo

Now I see why you would want to see pictures of a skidsteer on your definition of a towbar :) be 4 wheels with big flats spots right down to the hubs and then leaving sparks

My towbar on the other hand doesn't look much like the 2nd picture but yes that's close enough. 

the 2nd picture looks like a Range Rover towbar as the ball bit is removable to stop the townies smashing their shins on it

and yeah I know what you mean.... a bit like the logo jeff bozo uses :lmao:me thinks a couple of nicely placed moonie eyes on every truck and package and old jeff has made it

• Haha 1