• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

who wants to rebuild thier VP44????

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Hello,

I found this on eBay. It looks like a repair service where you send them your electronic unit and they will repair it and send it back. I believe there is no need for calibration. I sent them an email asking that same question. If it is true, then you can do the mechanical side yourself and outsource the electronic portion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-SERVICE-VP44-VP30-Dodge-Cummins-fuel-injection-pump-EDU-ECU-module-98-02/132608417238?epid=1324680023&hash=item1ee013ddd6:g:YYgAAOSwtaRa6r7O

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 1:31 PM, Yohan said:

Hello,

I found this on eBay. It looks like a repair service where you send them your electronic unit and they will repair it and send it back. I believe there is no need for calibration. I sent them an email asking that same question. If it is true, then you can do the mechanical side yourself and outsource the electronic portion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-SERVICE-VP44-VP30-Dodge-Cummins-fuel-injection-pump-EDU-ECU-module-98-02/132608417238?epid=1324680023&hash=item1ee013ddd6:g:YYgAAOSwtaRa6r7O

Definitely subbed

Looks fishi to me, plus I think them wires are stainless, not hundred percent. I don't think you can solder stainless. Looks like a used takeoff with clipped wires. Plus how is it getting calibrated. To top it off it's from overseas. Let me know how it works.

• Owner
On 4/3/2019 at 12:31 PM, Yohan said:

Hello,

Ummm... So how to get your pump on the Bosch 815 test stand to be calibrated to the new PSG? I'd never run a VP44 pump with mismatched parts between the pump and the PSG. If it was so easy then the Bosch 815 test stand would not exist.