• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel tank size(s)

actually i think each mark is about 4 gallons or so, if you count the 1/8 tank between each 1/4

The gauges are about as inaccurate as they get. I mean when they are on F they are full and E they are empty but in between, who knows. I've gone up to 200 miles with it on the F, then have it seemingly fly down to 1/2, stay there for 200 miles, then fly down to 1/4 and finally slowly drain out to E.

The gauges are about as inaccurate as they get. I mean when they are on F they are full and E they are empty but in between, who knows. I've gone up to 200 miles with it on the F, then have it seemingly fly down to 1/2, stay there for 200 miles, then fly down to 1/4 and finally slowly drain out to E.

I can't get 300 out of a tank, let alone 1/2 tank!

--- Update to the previous post...

I'll measure mine here in a few... The fuel tank, I mean.

My tank measures roughly 6'L x 1'W x 1'H. it's a little tapered up front, but a little bulbous in the rear of the tank (yes, folks. the FUEL tank LOL )

So it roughly evens out, using generalization. So we'll say it's about 6 cu. ft. in volume. 1cf = 7.48gal.. So we'll call it 7.4gal to account for variations in the tank's design.

7.4 * 6 = 44 gal.. That means I'm way off, somewhere. I know this tank isn't anywhere near 44gal. No way.

:banghead:

--- Update to the previous post...

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][B]Specification                         ECLB     ECSB     RCLB     RCSB[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial]Wheelbase, in.                       154.7    138.7    134.7    118.7Overall Length, in.                 244.0    224.0    224.1    204.1Overall Width, in.                   79.4     79.4     79.4     79.4Overall Height, in.                  71.5     71.6     71.8     71.9Curb Weight, lbs.                    4649     4529     4180     4009Cargo Volume, cu. ft.             --            --             --             --Standard Payload, lbs.          5151     3915     5340     2372[/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][B]Fuel Capacity, gals.   35.0     26.0     35.0     26.0[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
consumer's guide, 94-01 Dodge Rams

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't want to start a new thread for this question so I thought I'd add it here since it is tank related. So if a gauge is possibly reading wrong, if I want to run it down almost empty and then fill it to see how much it takes ,I wonder if the low fuel warning light will come on before it runs out, or is that geared up to come on with the gauge reading some how and it wont recognize that the tank is actually getting that low :shrug:

Well, I think I got zinged for about 10 gallons when the Diesel shop had my tank down. If they didn't have containers, they should have said something in the days before they got to it. I had over 1/4 when the truck quit... my buddy brought me 4 gallons in a 5 gallon can (I got the reciept & paid him). Which put me almost to 1/2 tank...

The mechanic said they put 4 gallons in after they put the tank back... I took it a couple of miles to the nearest station & put 32.5 gallons into the 36 gallon tank. It is a big @ss tank.

editReading what the others have written... shouldn't my fuel light have come on? I didn't notice it. I seriously doubt that it has been on before as I never let it get below 1/4.

You guys are trying to rely on the gauges too much. They are not much more than an 'educated' guess like ISX said. You will not find one to be 100% accurate.