• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel tank size(s)

My '96 SCLB held ~34gal of fuel. My '01 QCSB, on a totally empty tank, only held ~25-26gal.I've read so many conflicting bits of info on tank sizes for the RAMs, that I'm not sure which to believe? Do any of you have any hard numbers that a man can take belief in?I've read all have 34gal tanks, 8' beds have 34gal, 6.5' beds have 26, 6.5' beds have 34, 8' beds have 44 (wtf? ) and so on.What do you guys have?

when i fill up i usually pump 26gallons. that is usually as the fuel light comes on at a 1/8th tank. i have never recorded a 600mile trip odometer, but have got 21MPG had calculated. i have read a lot about fuel gauges being off, and have always attributed it to that. i can drive 100+ miles while the needle is on FULL line, but goes way fast below 1/2 tank.

I usually fill up at 1/4 tank and it holds 25 gallons or so. The most I have gotten in was 27 gallons and my best hand calculated mileage was 17.9. My 98 longbed measure 66 in long by 11 inches wide by 17 tall.

Pretty much sums up every Dodge Ram I have owned as far as the 25 gallons to fill at 1/4 tank mark. be it the 2 gassers I had or the 2 diesels I currently own. The top half of the tank is always way bigger than the bottom half. usually get 300 miles at half tank mark and about 150 miles from half tank to empty.:stuned:

Pretty much sums up every Dodge Ram I have owned as far as the 25 gallons to fill at 1/4 tank mark. be it the 2 gassers I had or the 2 diesels I currently own. The top half of the tank is always way bigger than the bottom half. usually get 300 miles at half tank mark and about 150 miles from half tank to empty.:stuned:

I can't get 300 out of a tank, let alone 1/2 tank!

--- Update to the previous post...

I usually fill up at 1/4 tank and it holds 25 gallons or so. The most I have gotten in was 27 gallons and my best hand calculated mileage was 17.9. My 98 longbed measure 66 in long by 11 inches wide by 17 tall.

I'll measure mine here in a few... The fuel tank, I mean.

• Like 1

I can't get 300 out of a tank, let alone 1/2 tank!

Most ive ever gotten out of a tank is 330!!! that has almost all highway driving and very little in town. I have!!!:banghead:

--- Update to the previous post...

The most i've ever put in mine is 26 gallons with the light on at 1/8 tank.