• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sad to say but because of the 6.7L engines and the low sulfur emission (crap) engine oils have to be reduced in sulfur content as well so all oils are switching to CJ-4 standard and the CI-4 standard will soon disappear. Like here in Idaho/Oregon The Delo LE (Low Emissions) CJ-4 is the only thing on the shelf most times.

I also didn't realize that Delo came in different levels and got the LE stuff, looks like in Oregon I may be stuck with a LE oil no matter what I use.:banghead:

First change I used a Purolator filter, but noticed the return holes to be smaller than the Cummins/Mopar that it replaced. I had also read to fill the filter before installing (takes a full QT.). It was nice to see the pressure come up quickly on startup.:)

I also didn't realize that Delo came in different levels and got the LE stuff, looks like in Oregon I may be stuck with a LE oil no matter what I use.:banghead: First change I used a Purolator filter, but noticed the return holes to be smaller than the Cummins/Mopar that it replaced. I had also read to fill the filter before installing (takes a full QT.). It was nice to see the pressure come up quickly on startup.:)

Remember to fill the filter on the 'in' side or you'll get that bit of unfiltered oil going into your engine. Might not be a big deal but it's not that hard to do and then you can have peace of mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Cummins recommends Valvoline premium blue, I run plain old dinosaur based rotella 15-40 with 2 quarts of lucas oil treatment. Fleetguard stratapore filter. Cummins service manual does say to fill the filter. That is also from using my Engine serial number on quickserve to look it up. :2cents:

I bought 3 gallons of Valvoline Premium Blue at $13.50, oil filter (LF3894), and fuel filter. All came out to $80; most expensive freakin' oil change I've ever done. Are Baldwin filters around the same price as the Staratapore's? What about other fuel filters? Oil filter (LF3894): $16.60Fuel filter (FS19855):$19.29

Staratapore filters actually have to water separating media within. But I can't speak for the other filters... Like Wix and NAPA both are just paper elements and can't separate water from the fuel it allows it to pass. :duh:

Now I just looked at the Wix website and the Napa #3585xe fits 2000 newer is a glass media now I don't know if it separated water but it has a white looking media not the yellowish your familliar with. Also we are having a filter sale in april and I can sell you our gold filter cheap:thumb1: like that 3585xe $9.46 fuel #1607 $4.38 oil #7620 $4.58 oil and #7620xe $8.09 oil and #2790 (BAF filter) $34.40 you guys should like these prices:2cents:
  • Like 1