• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mpg

dually

I ran 200+ miles in one day.Combo city/hy. What are you guys seeing in the FIRST 1/2 tank of fuel.I am running winter fuel.I did have 2500 in the bed on one load and 1800 the second time.So do you think 200+ miles in 1/2 tank is normal?Thanks.

I ran 200+ miles in one day.Combo city/hy. What are you guys seeing in the FIRST 1/2 tank of fuel.I am running winter fuel.I did have 2500 in the bed on one load and 1800 the second time.So do you think 200+ miles in 1/2 tank is normal?Thanks.

If it were a perfect world and you used half of 35 gallons to go 200 miles, thats only 11.42mpg. Our gauges like to go up and down at different rates, like mine stays on F for up to 200 miles..then slowly goes to 1/2 and stays there for 200 miles, then spends 200 miles going slowly to 1/4, then spends 200 miles on E. I would not go by the gauge for MPG, top it off, drive it, top it off again and see what you get.

on my fuel gauge, (if empty, unloaded) i can get up to 130miles on just the "F" line. by the time i'm at "1/2" line, i usually have 300-350miles. i usually have 420-460 when the fuel light comes on(at 1/8th line).on a side note, these #s didn't change when i had my 33x12.5regul ats mounted on 2piece 16.5 steel humvee rims(VERY HEAVY). i never had the speedo corrected, so i was getting better milage than i am now with the factory size(Yokohama Geolander ATS 245x75r16 on factory rims).

When the sender went out (I since replaced it) I stopped using the gauge and go by miles. I try to go no more than 5-600 miles between fill-ups. The gauge works now and reads between 1/4 and 1/2 left when I get to 500 miles.Laugh if you wish, but I write down in a little book the miles and gallons. I get about 21-22 mpg in my '95 12 valve.If I see the mpg start dropping, I know the neoprene fuel supply/return hoses (from the metal lines from the tank, to the fuel pump and back) are rotten again and leaking. If the mpg suddenly gets too good it is past time for a fuel filter.Regards,Andrew

Thanks guys.I was just wondering if this was normal.I removed the 7x12 injectors.I replaced them with 40 over's rv injectors.With the new smoke laws here and fuel cost it had to de done.I use to get 16 mpg with summer fuel and the 7x12's.I really would like to see near 20 with summer fuel.

Well the truck sat from the time i started this thread.Had a chance to put some more miles on.The grand total for the first 1/2 tank is 225.Again with winter fuel and 2 stroke.Overall i am happy with the rv injectors.A far cry form 7x12's in the power department.I could learn to be happy with this setup.I wish i could fun the rest of the tank out.Thanks everyone for the input.

well im not 100% sure but when i bought my truck i was told it has 125 horse injectors and i do believe that it has some in it because it smokes pretty decent even with my edge on 1. but i've often thought that my mpg would get better if i stepped these down a little and rv's keep coming up as a great injector overall.

Even this time of year, I'll get 525-550 miles per tank. In the warmer months, I regularly get 600-625 miles per tank. On average I'd say I get about 300 miles when the fuel gauge reads half empty/half full.On my best ever mileage tank this past August, Mighty Whitey had just over 400 miles on the tank when the gauge got to half. IIRC, that tank got me 73x miles on it for a 23.3mpg average.

I got on thhe highway the other day and it got to 265 before hitting the halfway mark but I still only got 16.1 mpg's. If I run around town it hits the half tank mark quicker but my mileage stays about the same. I did put some stock injectors in my truck a few months ago and only got 1 mpg better so im sticking with these.

that's insane.. and a big tank, apparently.. 35-36? My 26 gallon cell is in constant need of filling. last fill-up was 22gal, 284 mi.. you do the math.. :banghead::doh:

According to my manual, it's a 34 gallon tank because it's the short bed. That said, I've done the fuel tank vent mod and regularly fill up with 31-32 gallons..............and that's when the overhead Lie-O-Meter gets near zero + or - a bit. Prior to the fuel tank vent mod, when the overhead read zero, I'd fill up with only 28-29 gallons.

According to my manual, it's a 34 gallon tank because it's the short bed. That said, I've done the fuel tank vent mod and regularly fill up with 31-32 gallons..............and that's when the overhead Lie-O-Meter gets near zero + or - a bit. Prior to the fuel tank vent mod, when the overhead read zero, I'd fill up with only 28-29 gallons.

so what is the vent mod?