• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What year factory rims will fit a 98.5

Hello all, Hope all is well. I have the steel rims on my 98.5, but always like the nicer wheels that were on the 99 and up. I have seen the newer factory rims and tires on the trucks and they look great. I know they went to disc brakes but I have drums in the rear. I would rather have the older rims. Thanks,John

Nope, sorry, but the alloy and steel wheels from a disc brake equipped truck will not fit on one with drum brakes. I have tried both and the won't clear the drums or the tie rod on the front.

Out of curiosity, how much different are the front TREs between the two? They look identical between my '96 and '01 on the front knuckles.

The drums are huge on the '96, so I can see where there may be a fitment issue, but I'm not certain.

Nope, sorry, but the alloy and steel wheels from a disc brake equipped truck will not fit on one with drum brakes. I have tried both and the won't clear the drums or the tie rod on the front.

Thanks, I've often wondere that myself! I like the factory set up on my dually w/ the 4 holes. But if someone steals one of my center caps I may be S.O.L!

Out of curiosity, how much different are the front TREs between the two? They look identical between my '96 and '01 on the front knuckles. The drums are huge on the '96, so I can see where there may be a fitment issue, but I'm not certain.

Info:

1994-2002 2500 2WD/4WD Steel Wheels:

[*]Lug Pattern - 8 on 6.5", 9/16" bolt

[*]Rim Size - 16x6.5"

[*]Offset - 4.75"

[*]Max Tire Size - 245/75R16, 255/85R16

2000-2002 2500 2WD/4WD Forged Aluminum Wheels:

[*]Rim Size - 16x8"

[*]Offset - 6.25"

• Like 1

Info:

1994-2002 2500 2WD/4WD Steel Wheels:

[*]Rim Size - 16x6.5"

[*]Offset - 4.75"

[*]Max Tire Size - 245/75R16, 255/85R16

2000-2002 2500 2WD/4WD Forged Aluminum Wheels:

[*]Rim Size - 16x8"

[*]Offset - 6.25"

The only problem with this chart is I have a set of steel wheels off of one that had disc brakes and they do not fit any of the drum brake trucks.