• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I can't imagine starting out with a cracked block. Way too much work to have a less than best core component. Easy for me to say, it's not my money... I'd be going nuts looking but there must be a good block out there you can afford.Best Wishes,Russ

Ok I give:doh: I just ordered a rebuilt short block. It may take 3 weeks to get it built but owell. I just hope it stays together that long. 3K for short block and I might put me a cam in it 181:lmao:her we go again:spend:Oh yea update to the weight of my truck, we where hauling scrap the other day when I thought, I need to weigh my truck, 11090:stuned: I rebuilt my bed and the sa200 put a lot on it.Cant you just see it 11k welding truck spanking a fords a$$ at a red light:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I emailed last week and no responce. I am going by Cummins dealer in the morning, I hope. Maybe they can tell me something.

My guys here in Omaha are pretty sharp,he spent about 15 min going through obsolete #'s to find that for me,told me not to lose the #. Thought maybe that was who you ordered your short block from.

This machine shop I ordered mine from is here local(Tx) and he been building for the public for 1 year now. He used to build for just a smal hand full of people and now he even builds for the dealership. But before I tell him for sure I am going by cummins just to see how much they are. What I heard is cummins does not come with a cam:shrug: that is extra.I will find out everything Monday for sure and I will get back with ya.

This machine shop I ordered mine from is here local(Tx) and he been building for the public for 1 year now. He used to build for just a smal hand full of people and now he even builds for the dealership. But before I tell him for sure I am going by cummins just to see how much they are. What I heard is cummins does not come with a cam:shrug: that is extra. I will find out everything Monday for sure and I will get back with ya.

Man, I wasn't going to tell yall this, but the guy that is rebuilding the short block, he went in the hospital yesterday.:doh: And I havent heard anything. But even if he hadnt gone in it was going to take 2 weeks.:doh: So there it is. This guy has several c-rail blocks ready but he says he dont get to many 2nd gen motors. ????? Whats up with all the c-rail motors? I figured it would be the other way around.

Man that sucks alot!:banghead: I have heard that the CR's arent as strong in the lower end as the 2nd gen's, dont know if there is any truth to it but!?!:shrug::2cents:

They are just as strong down low the reason for more cr.s is they fail injectors more often and it can be undetected and misdiagnosed and ran for a long time and that causes melted pistons and scored cylinders quite often. I know of many with bad injectors that had only a surging cruise control as a problem.
  • Like 1

• Owner

They are just as strong down low the reason for more cr.s is they fail injectors more often and it can be undetected and misdiagnosed and ran for a long time and that causes melted pistons and scored cylinders quite often. I know of many with bad injectors that had only a surging cruise control as a problem.

:iagree: Yea... So true... There is a guy in Boise, ID that I went down to see person and he's got a 05 Dodge 3500 CR Cummins it still runs but you can hear at startup how weak the compression is. Once it running it got so much blowby that if you unscrew the cap it will shoot it up of your hand at least a foot into the air. You actually hear a POP when it happens... CR Engine are famous for the injector failures... Just like 24V's are famous for VP44 failures... The only difference is when a CR goes down it can take the pistons and the block with it. :doh:

:iagree: Yea... So true... There is a guy in Boise, ID that I went down to see person and he's got a 05 Dodge 3500 CR Cummins it still runs but you can hear at startup how weak the compression is. Once it running it got so much blowby that if you unscrew the cap it will shoot it up of your hand at least a foot into the air. You actually hear a POP when it happens... CR Engine are famous for the injector failures... Just like 24V's are famous for VP44 failures... The only difference is when a CR goes down it can take the pistons and the block with it. :doh:

based on that I think I will not move up to a CR.:stuned: