• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
duffejo88

Suggestions on OIL

Royal Purple 15w40. Used to use rotella but it had a strong smell. Also used Amsoil but just switched to RP for no real reason. I think a lot of people will say different things and it may just come down to personal preference. :2cents:

I run Vavoline premium blue 15-40 :thumb1:

Thanks!!!!!! I was thinking that I was the only one running the stuff..............at least here anyhow!!!!!! Not that I really care all that much, because I used to run the WallyWorld 15W40 and some folks would give me crap about it. :smart: But I proved them wrong!!!:nono::smart: Hehehehehehehe

Thanks!!!!!! I was thinking that I was the only one running the stuff..............at least here anyhow!!!!!! Not that I really care all that much, because I used to run the WallyWorld 15W40 and some folks would give me crap about it. :smart: But I proved them wrong!!!:nono::smart: Hehehehehehehe

Between Dorkweed running Walmart oil and going 84K miles on a single oil change with Blackstone lab testing. Then with CajFlynn with nearly 1 million miles on his truck running Chevron Delo 15W-40. I'd say most all oils out there will meet the requirements of the engine just fine.

This^^^^^^!!!! You cannot market an oil, fuel additive:doh:, oil additive, coolant additive, etc........that ain't been tested beyond belief!!!!! Save for 2 stroke oil...............it's not marketed as a diesel additive, so it flies "under the radar"!!!!!! That's great IMHO!!!!:smart: The contrarian in me!!:lmao2::smart:

15-40 of whatever is on sale. Personally think anything else is a waste of $$$

Excellent......another cheap-___ like me!!! :thumb1::thumb1::cool: You got a single sister??!!!!:lmao2::lmao::hyper:

Maybe a little bit of a cheap azz but I generally don't get suckered into the "hype" of the crap too many people buy these days

Excellent......another cheap-___ like me!!! :thumb1::thumb1::cool: You got a single sister??!!!!:lmao2::lmao::hyper:

Maybe a little bit of a cheap azz but I generally don't get suckered into the "hype" of the crap too many people buy these days

I'm also in this catagory... But... I still look for a good quality name brane oil like Chevron Delo, Mobile One, Shell Rotella, etc. That meet the CI-4 or CJ-4 requirements.

Well I personally run Delvac, I was running Rotella! Since I started running Delvac I quit having to add between oil changes plus its only 9.87 at my local wally world!

I'm also in this catagory... But... I still look for a good quality name brane oil like Chevron Delo, Mobile One, Shell Rotella, etc. That meet the CI-4 or CJ-4 requirements.

Of course, but even the store brand oils meet those requirements. I'm not afraid of using store brand oils, it's just re-branded/brand name oil. Somewhere, once upon a time, I found a website that listed all the store brand oils and who REALLY made them. It was pretty interesting. Honestly, I've only changed the oil in my truck once since I've had it (Delo was on sale) but this theory has applied to everything I've ever owned...except my bike :). My bike has a wet clutch with a couple known design flaws. Synthetics seem to band aid a few of the symptoms.