• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

edge juice with attitude

Hi everyone just had a little question on the juice. When you have it on the stock setting does that in fact mean stock and its not adding any timing? I would like to play around with my smarty more but I dont want the timing involved from the edge. And if anyone else is doing this stack id like to know what levels your running and what has worked best for you.

ok thats what I thought but I didnt know if stock to them was their own program with some kind of timing. I have been running the even numbered programs but if I set my edge to stock can I then use the odd numbered probrams and basicly use the edge as gauges?

• 2 weeks later...

Does the Edge Juice do boost fooling? I bought one tonight (2008 model) and wondering if it does it or not? I'm assuming it doesn't do turbo cooldown either because I can't read that it does on Edge's site :shrug:. Off with the XZT , on with the Edge! :hyper:

Boost fooling lets the truck boost over a certain psi without throwing a cel or going into limp mode. It wont make anymore boost than it normally would. Put a boost elbow on your truck and it will jump up the boost and the boost fooler will allow it do jump up with 0 side affects. Get that boost elbow on and you will see a whole different truck. My comp came with one but when I ran my xzt+ I didnt know anything about a boost elbow. With big injectors and the xzt my egts were high and the truck didnt have enough power for what I had in it. I got the comp but before I put it on I added the boost elbow with the xzt and man what a difference, I could hold it wide open and the egt's wouldnt crack 1200 and it had balls. I put the comp on and it was night and day. You will like the juice.:drool:

Ok, so I see the boost elbows for sale on the internet, they actually look like something you could pick up at a hardware store, but i'm guessing that's not the case? Are they made differently for this specific purpose?

• Staff

It does boost fooling on 2nd gen trucks but I believe the 04.5 and newer trucks dont.

From what I gather it boost fools on all 3rd gen 5.9's. The 04.5-07 are the easiest to get more boost out of since the WG is controlled by the ECM. So boost fooling also kills the WG and more boost results. I know that you can get 40psi out of the stock turbo on an Edge! 03-04 will require an adj boost elbow to get more boost, and 04.5-07 require nothing additional.

The boost elbow that came with my edge at first glance looked like a regular brass elbow too but when you look closer it has a smaller hole drilled into it which takes more pressure to open the wastegate

The hole allows air to bleed off so your not building pressure in the WG line as fast as stock. They aren't hard to build, but are cheap to buy.

From what I gather it boost fools on all 3rd gen 5.9's. The 04.5-07 are the easiest to get more boost out of since the WG is controlled by the ECM. So boost fooling also kills the WG and more boost results. I know that you can get 40psi out of the stock turbo on an Edge! 03-04 will require an adj boost elbow to get more boost, and 04.5-07 require nothing additional. The hole allows air to bleed off so your not building pressure in the WG line as fast as stock. They aren't hard to build, but are cheap to buy.

AH64ID is correct on this. When I ran the Edge J w/A, I could see boost up over 40psi. If you saw that much psi in stock form(no box), your truck would throw an overboost code. That said, with a stock turbo on the 04.5-07 trucks, if you see more than about 34-35psi on your boost gauge your way out of the efficiency of the turbo and all you're doing is pumping hot air and sending your DP thru the roof!!!

• 4 weeks later...

The more I drive this thing with the Edge the more i'm liking it. I had the Quadzilla XZT and I think the mileage selection on the edge is way more power then the power mode of the XZT.:hyper: I think I am feeling just a touch of surging with the Edge on the highway but not bothering me bad enough to complain about it , can't even say for sure it's the Egde doing it :shrug: The XZT gave me a bucking feeling @ low rpm's in higher gears which was annoying, always had to shift to get rid of it.

• 7 months later...

I have the juice and CTS. when I first installed it I noticed surging at a lite throttle went accellerating. I called and they had no answer. I just put in new injectors and have not noticed the surging. The only thing that may have improved. With the juice, injectors,,AirDog, and a cost of nearly 4grand, I have not gained any fuel economy. Power is not an issue. Not what I was after. Now if I set it up to 2 and step on it, it moves out, but egt's jump past 1340 almost immediately.

• Staff

I have the juice and CTS. when I first installed it I noticed surging at a lite throttle went accellerating. I called and they had no answer. I just put in new injectors and have not noticed the surging. The only thing that may have improved. With the juice, injectors,,AirDog, and a cost of nearly 4grand, I have not gained any fuel economy. Power is not an issue. Not what I was after. Now if I set it up to 2 and step on it, it moves out, but egt's jump past 1340 almost immediately.

What are the specs on your truck?