• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

You do realize they "Lukes Links" are adjustable for wear with shims IIRC? You will be nothing but disappointed at the moog and out money you could Spend towards the 3rd gen upgrade and the problem will be a thing of the past.

I've adjusted it lots. Had to add extra shims already since the nut bottomed out.

Sounds like mine now...:duh: Well I'm doing the foot work looking for a cheap track bar now... ---- Searching.... Well after digging the internet... NAPA at $82 locally. (Only got a 12 month or 12K mile warranty) RockAuto.com $52 but here is the kicker Mevotech has a 5 year or 100,000 km warranty... Hmmm :rolleyes: And even check in Ontario, OR toady and they wanted $150 for there Chinese cheapy... :stuned:

I did some looking under the truck this weekend while replacing my transmission, which is another set of questions all together. I did notice there is some kind of drop bracket on the frame end of the track bar to compensate for the lift. I noticed that bracket is moving, along with the worn out ball end. Apparently it had moved around on the previous owner cause there is some bubble gum welds from the frame to the bracket which I found are cracked which explains the movement.

• 1 month later...

Well my Luke's Link is now wore out. I was out in the pasture yesterday bumping around when the track bar simply fell off the ball. Talk about a squishy ride home with no stability to the front axle:rolleyes: So now I'm shopping track bar and I'm going with the 3rd gen upgrade. Are they all the same? There seems to be a number of options out there.

• 1 month later...

I have had my 2000 RAM 2500 for 6 months now. Replaced the track bar yesterday. Cost about $50 from partsgeeks.The truck has 141K on it and runs good, getting 19 to 20 mpg. Half my driving is dirt roads.New to Dodge trucks but really love this truck and won't go back to the 7.3 ford. The truck Drives much better now.

The problem I saw with this bar is it looks like you will have to adjust it off of the truck and the heim joint will eventually wear out. I went with the BD adjustable bar and I did have to drill holes but its fully adjustable on the truck and no heims to wear out.

I know they're expensive, but after 30K and two Moog Bars I have installed the BD. It is worth it. Fully adjustable, rebuildable, and greasable. And, the folks at BD are absolutely the best. Any issues with their product and they send you a replacement immediately with no questions asked. Ask for Hector in Sales if you have questions. Note: The nice thing about the adjustable 3rd Gen style bars is that they actually eliminate the tapered collar on the frame end which you cannot get tight with a Moog Bar. Also, the Moog Bar isn't compatible with a Luke's Link. If you're running any kind of lift this is the only way I am a aware of to get your steering geometry set up correctly.

I have installed 3 lukes links on my 02 1ton i love it. one is on the track bar and the others are replacing drag link ends so i didnt have to replace the hole thing. They are soooooooooooo simple to put in. Mine have been running for about 20,000 mile know and i still think they feel goood and tight. truck drives awsome too. Somtimes with the oe track bar it seems they need replaced with every oil change Haha