• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

cracked dash

i saw a dash replacement on comp diesel yesterday. it is made by LMC. dont kow how to post a link but is is LMC.com. it is only $200. just wondering if any of you have seen one in person. some of the guys over there spoke well of it.

i saw a dash replacement on comp diesel yesterday. it is made by LMC. dont kow how to post a link but is is LMC.com. it is only $200. just wondering if any of you have seen one in person. some of the guys over there spoke well of it.

Here http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/full.aspx?Page=93 looks pretty good to me - no experience with it tho - nice find :thumb1:
  • Like 2

mine cracked pretty bad but has not fellthru anywhere. just a matter of time. that is the cheapest i have seen one. maybe with all of the cracked dashes out there the price is coming down. idont know who makes the one on genos garage.

• 2 weeks later...

Please let me know how you like the product if you get it. More than one-half of my dash has fallen through and I'm not liking the fabric cover on there now! I clicked through the shipping costs and the total is $247.70 (which includes a $20 oversized item surcharge). There's a cheaper alternative, a dash pad cover for $124.95 (includes shipping) ~here. I don't know anything about its quality and haven't purchased either one... new lift pump comes first :broke:

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a dash from Autobodyfiller. It looks like the same dash that Genos sells. L&K also sells it. The dash doesn't fit exactly right as the 11:00 corner is too big for the bezel. The whole corner needs to pull in an 1/8". There isn't enough to grind/drill/modify existing mounting holes.Supposedly LMC dash fits very well, comes in the proper color plastic (not painted), includes new vents and A-Pillar trim fits properly, and is less expensive. Unfortunately LMC has to import and says they expect an 8 week wait. Give them a call & check for yourself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did this job about a month ago. Did alot of research on this and another site to find which would be best. I know that I am bit too picky for a cover and would end up tearing it out if it didn't fit well, so I went ahead and replaced the whole dash. I couldn't find (and I spent hours looking) any reports of how well the LMC dash's fit and finish are. The one from Geno's are supposedly the same as the Autobodyfillers on ebay and some were unhappy with them. I finally gave in and gave Dodge $516 for a new one. It fit perfectly. But "ouch!" on the price. I also know it may crack again in 10 years, if it does, well,,,I will donate to Dodge some more, unless someone comes out with something better.I pulled the whole dash out. Wasn't the easiest job but can be done. Dodge lists this job at taking a experienced mechaninc 9 hours to do start to finish. I took much more than that but I am slow. If you decide to do this one and get stumped, call me, you have my number.Bob

Autobody sent me another dash. The bezel fits better. Getting the passenger airbag in hasn't happened yet. The slots need to be ground out. Too little and the tabs won't go in. Too big & they won't stay. I've taken the bag in & out about 10 times making adjustments. It is a HUGE pita especially for something so simple. I normally take something apart, fix it & put it back together. This has been a fight.Autobody gave good service but should do a better job slotting foring has the tabs. The 1st time, everything has to be figured out.I've heard better reports about the LMC dash & would try that if I weren't so far down the road with this one. No need to pull the dash. Just tip it forward making sure things like gauge plumbing are free & don't get pulled out.

You are right, it isn't necessary to pull the whole dash out, and it would have made my job replacing the dash a bit easier as unplugging the electrical connectors was a real test of my constitution. I took the dash all the way out because a Dodge tech told me it would be alot easier to make sure all of the defrost ducts ect. would be in place properly. It was nice for that, I just set it on the tailgate and changed everything over. Also I was able to get in there and clean the thing up really well. The entire interior was already out for cleaning, so pulling the dash just completed the job nicely.