• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I got the Donaldson B105006 off E-Bay for $52.25 shipped to my door. When I removed the filter box the I found that the 3 retaining bolts are built in to the fender. What do you do in order to mount the BHAF? Do you grind them off level with the top of the fender, or leave then as they are? MOHOK

Another thing you can do is get a 6" long piece of a 1"x6" board. Lay it on top of the bolts sticking up and tap on the board with a hammer to mark the locations of them. Drill the board where the marks are and put it in over the bolts. That will keep the filter off of them and on the second gen trucks it will keep the filter off of the A/C line.

• Like 3

I used a piece of 16 gauge sheet metal and made the bottom and bent it up on the one side to make the shield from the turbo. Be careful not to use something to thick, it may interfere with the height of the Bhaf and cause the engine bonnet to hit it when you close it. I know mine rubs the hood insulation.

I used a piece of 16 gauge sheet metal and made the bottom and bent it up on the one side to make the shield from the turbo. Be careful not to use something to thick, it may interfere with the height of the Bhaf and cause the engine bonnet to hit it when you close it. I know mine rubs the hood insulation.

i thought they only had engine bonnets in England. i did not know they had them in Canada also.

i thought they only had engine bonnets in England. i did not know they had them in Canada also.

Anybody know where I can get a bonnet for my truck? I've been thinking of upgrading from my stock hood. :spend:Mabe that will fix my electrical woes.

Since I kinda have a thing for filter specs I decided to look the BHAF up. Not too bad! 8" of H20 gets about 680 CFM, where my OEM filter gets 675 CFM at 10" H20 and supports 400 rwhp without touching the filter minder.

Any specs on the filtration level of the different filters? Where are you finding your info if you don't mind me asking...?