• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

65,0000 Miles..... a Few Questions.....

Have you seen those CFA ads on the football game shows that have cows poised in different positions saying something like: "Eat more chicken" ?I am seeing these same ads on billboards in Idaho and Utah.I always get a kick out of those when I see them.But I figure with that marketing strategy they are intending to keep on growing their business. So your chances should be pretty good they will keep building.

they came out with the cow about 14 years ago. there mascot use d to be doodle the chicken. they hit on something good with the cows. they are funny. who knows maybe they will build one by Mike's house and i can go live with him for a few months. one space 50amp service please. they definately plan to keep building. nothing to slow them down. they are debt free and build from their on pocket. no franchises purely corparate owned.good people to work with.

For what it is worth (we are really getting derailed here, sorry JAG1) Chick-fil-a is really doing a business in my area. We have two of them in our small town and they are packed. They even have CFA day in my daughters school and they feed the children. They are big contributors to the Christian schools in our area. That is job security Chickenman, that Dodge had better have some life left in it. We had better start a Chick fil a thread. I feel a repremand coming from Mopar man.

• Owner

For what it is worth (we are really getting derailed here, sorry JAG1) Chick-fil-a is really doing a business in my area. We have two of them in our small town and they are packed. They even have CFA day in my daughters school and they feed the children. They are big contributors to the Christian schools in our area. That is job security Chickenman, that Dodge had better have some life left in it. We had better start a Chick fil a thread. I feel a repremand coming from Mopar man.

I'd say you guy :hijack: rather well...:rolleyes: No back to the thread topic...

JAG1 we really did got off topic there. if your truck is handling ok and it can be aligned you should be ok for a while to come. 65k aint alot of miles. have you got a picture of your vp with heat sink and fan?

Your CTD isn't even broke in yet!

Go for an alignment, a good front end guy would tell you if you needed anything updated, they usually won't even bother to do the job if parts are worn. Start there first!

Good luck,

Dave

--- Update to the previous post...

I'd say you guy :hijack: rather well...:rolleyes:

No back to the thread topic...

:lol::lmao::lmao2:

• Staff

Sorry you guys. I haven't been on for awhile, Did a complex job for about a week and a half. You know, work, eat, sleep. Only this the customer handing da' money...:spend::hyper:My VP cooler is a 3 in. duct running from the front bumper intake for rammed air up to the VP. On hot days or hard running I hit a switch to turn on a blower for more cooling.On top of the electronics is a glued on heat sink to help keep it cooler. It is glued with the glue that has heat transfer properties (has aluminum in the glue) and works in conjunction with the rammed air and blower. I know the engine compartment is hot and heat from the block to the VP is killer heat so the duct blows at the fuel inlet on the VP to help cool the fuel and electronics. Cooler fuel equals better mileage is also part of the idea.This set up cost me all of 35 bucks. I think it helps that I have constant cooler outside air blowing at the VP. This idea came from a very lengthy thread on DTR where two guys running tests to cool the vp and fuel found with heat sensors that a blower was very effective. Especially when running the blower for an hour after engine shut down because of massive added heat soak into the VP from the hot engine block.BTW, if you decide to do this I found the flexible aluminum duct only lasts about two- three years. So I'll be changing to a fire resistant flexible vinyl duct.

• Staff
post-11319-138698181044_thumb.jpg3 inch aluminum duct coming up from the bottompost-11319-13869818105_thumb.jpgglued on heat sink to help dissipate heat from the electronics .post-11319-138698181056_thumb.jpgOff topic......for 200 dollars, for 4 alcoa wheels, will never crack, high load rating and the dodge center caps fit.post-11319-138698181038_thumb.jpgduct coming from behind the bumper post-11319-138698181069_thumb.jpg here you can see the inline 12 volt blower. It's mounted under the driver side battery. You can see the crack in the duct. think I'll tape it up with aluminum duct tape for now and drill a small drain hole.post-11319-138698181076_thumb.jpg Duct going up to the VP from underneath.

post-11319-138698181063_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• Staff

I leave the fan on for an hour after shutdown on hot days. I think helps a little while running too. The tests done with heat sensors showed that the VP gets over heated (above 165 degrees) on hot days and towing or heavy loads.I got my alcoas off Craigslist for my other truck as well for around $200. Most People don't know they are forged by Alcoa. They are 95 thru 97 3/4 ton Ford wheels and rated for 3750 lbs. Good for hauling a camper. When you see them they are always asking around 200 dollars. You can still buy them new for $280 a piece.Whenever we are getting a ready mix truck you'll see the same identicle wheel on the front of the trucks with the Alcoa emblem. They are the same only bigger of course.

You got a link to the heatsink fan as well as blower ? eg a Source with prices etc ?Man i would have thought someone would have sold something like this in a kit really - keeping the VP cooler to help protect - neat:thumb1:thx for the pics - took your time (*joke*) - good stuff

• Like 1