• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heated mirrors

No not all trucks have themIf you look at your mirrors, in the bottom left hand corner it will have a little square with vertical squiggly lines printed/etched in the glass and you will have a button to turn them on below and to the left of you HVAC mode control switch (for 98.5 - 02 trucks) You can't just put heated mirrors on a truck that did not have them before without installing a new wiring harness. PITA

John, don't know if they all have them or not. I have had a few of the F-word trucks and if Dodge does like they do, the base model trucks don't have heat and all the other do. The bad thing about the Ford was that the heat in the mirrors stayed on all the time, couldn't shut it off. It would bake the salt on the glass when travelling in inclement weather. The power button on the dash is nice in the Dodge, it can be used when needed.

My truck is a base model w 'em. I need to start looking around at some of the salvage yards for the longer towing mirrors. My wife was driving last Sat & lost my, her...................don't know how to write this.............strapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evilgrin:Dave:)

• 1 month later...

I had the door off my 02 and there seemed to be lots of wires to the door but only 2 coming out to the door, I am guessing for speakers. Is it possible if I had the harness that goes from the door side to the mirror the harness from the truck side is prewired? I assume the plug in for the switch would be in behind the dash. Am I right or totally wrong?

That makes the most sense. [turning off after a while] The Ford is "on" anytime the truck is running summer and winter. It bakes salt spray to a nice white haze where you have to stop and clean them or you can't see. Some guys will put them on a switch to avoid this problem.

• Owner

i find that i think the mirrors reach a thermal limit and shut off. which is good so you dont bake or fry anything.

Yeah it fine with me too even up here with temps around 0*F and you hit freezing fog it nice to keep the mirror clean. Also nice they shut off after a period of time. Truthfully I rarely use mine but its super nice for those cold arse mornings when the mirrors are all frosted... :thumbup2:

My 01.5 has the towing pkg & came with the flip out (manual only) towing mirrors, no heat though. The tow position on the mirrors is not all that great & requites a PITA re-adjustment (manual) of the aim. Every tow season, I have to re-learn the wifee how to re-aim... by the end of the season, she's got it. A shame they could not figure out how to do the power mirrors in both positions. I'd buy a strap on (Oh, My!!) that would fit over the factory tow mirrors so I didn't have to do the re-aim, which is an all day project for me alone (because I have so much trouble getting in & out). Russ

My 03 came with heated mirrors and seat's

I've noticed that the '03 towing mirrors are identical to the 2nd gen towing mirror but the '03's come heated. Will the '03's fit on the 2nd gen? I haven't looked but I cant imagine that Dodge would make many multiple different wiring looms for the very few available model options so I'm betting that there is a connector already in the door for heated mirrors and all I'd need is a headlight switch with the heated mirror button.