• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Long Haul Reliability

• Staff

What replacement parts, besides filters, do you guys, have in the tool box for long runs?I have to carry an extra stock lift pump :doh: and fuel pressure sending unit for the gauge.Are there any sensors or extra parts that are important?My last long run was over 1200 miles. What a blast!:ahhh:T.I.A.

I am on the road from the job to home alot and all i carry is tools. I figure no matter what I carry if something breaks it is going to be the part i dont have. Some might think i crazy but this has served me well for the past 25 years. I'm sure some others here will have something to add though.

I figure no matter what I carry if something breaks it is going to be the part i dont have.

I believe that is Murphy's Law. I am the same though. Just tools. I give the truck a good once over before I leave for a long haul. Lot easier to do any work in the comfort of your own garage than along side of the road!

• Staff

Mr Murphy has stayed away for the most part.... once going down the road carrying an extra fuel pump, 30 miles from home my fuel pump went out I was a block from my buddies then, but, that was a short haul so I guess it doesn't count.

Spare no-AC serp belt. I've used that more than I care to count, I can't keep a compressor in this damn thing, I may just give up.Tools - at least enough to tighten/bleed injector lines.Test light - saved me a few times with lighting issues.I should bring more air fittings and spare line with than I do, and I should carry a spare air compressor but I don't. (I need air for the RoadRanger)I don't carry spare filters. On a long trip I grab my toolbox and go. Most things that will stop me can be had at either a Cummins dealer or big box store - but issues seem to always happen on a Sunday afternoon just after closing time. It's all about getting to work around Murphy!

• Like 1