• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
JAG1

Long Haul Reliability

What replacement parts, besides filters, do you guys, have in the tool box for long runs?I have to carry an extra stock lift pump :doh: and fuel pressure sending unit for the gauge.Are there any sensors or extra parts that are important?My last long run was over 1200 miles. What a blast!:ahhh:T.I.A.

I am on the road from the job to home alot and all i carry is tools. I figure no matter what I carry if something breaks it is going to be the part i dont have. Some might think i crazy but this has served me well for the past 25 years. I'm sure some others here will have something to add though.

I carry a Triple AAA card :lmao::thumb1: also a spare fuel filter and serpentine belt and what ever tool would be needed to change each.

• Like 1

I figure no matter what I carry if something breaks it is going to be the part i dont have.

I believe that is Murphy's Law. I am the same though. Just tools. I give the truck a good once over before I leave for a long haul. Lot easier to do any work in the comfort of your own garage than along side of the road!

Mr Murphy has stayed away for the most part.... once going down the road carrying an extra fuel pump, 30 miles from home my fuel pump went out I was a block from my buddies then, but, that was a short haul so I guess it doesn't count.

Spare no-AC serp belt. I've used that more than I care to count, I can't keep a compressor in this damn thing, I may just give up.Tools - at least enough to tighten/bleed injector lines.Test light - saved me a few times with lighting issues.I should bring more air fittings and spare line with than I do, and I should carry a spare air compressor but I don't. (I need air for the RoadRanger)I don't carry spare filters. On a long trip I grab my toolbox and go. Most things that will stop me can be had at either a Cummins dealer or big box store - but issues seem to always happen on a Sunday afternoon just after closing time. It's all about getting to work around Murphy!

• Like 1