• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trackbar solutions

Well, its time to give the track bar on the 99 some TLC. I have seen everything from rebuild kits, to OEM replacement, to complete aftermarket assemblies. I was wondering what experiences others have had, and what might be the cheapest, best solution?

I replaced mine with a moog about 17k or18k miles ago and it is hoding up fine so far.

I have looked at a adjustable "Cadillac" version from BD Diesel for $470.00 (ouch) ! A Luke`s link repair kit $69.00, but the kit looks like it only fixes the tie-rod end? I assume the Moog version is similar to OEM ? I have not called to price it yet , but an artical on TDR said around $170.00 bucks. I will be glad when I become independantly wealthy It would make a few decisions alot easier

Got Bd's Cadillac on mine and its great. I had a moog on before but it was sloppy.

Lightnin, The BD looks like it is bushed at both ends with a special braket on the frame side? similar to the way my 03 works?

I have looked at a adjustable "Cadillac" version from BD Diesel for $470.00 (ouch) ! A Luke`s link repair kit $69.00, but the kit looks like it only fixes the tie-rod end? I assume the Moog version is similar to OEM ? I have not called to price it yet , but an artical on TDR said around $170.00 bucks. I will be glad when I become independantly wealthy It would make a few decisions alot easier

I got mine at Rock Auto for less than $100.

I installed to my 98 the 2008 trackbar , I just had to make my own custom relocation bracket

AsTroSS, just curious, where did you come up with the 3rd Gen track bar? Salvage? parts store? I am starting to think along your lines. If I could locate a newer bar it probably would`nt be that hard to lope off the original ball joint bracket , and fabricate something on the frame side.

AsTroSS, just curious, where did you come up with the 3rd Gen track bar? Salvage? parts store? I am starting to think along your lines. If I could locate a newer bar it probably would`nt be that hard to lope off the original ball joint bracket , and fabricate something on the frame side.

I got good deal on Competitiondiesel, somebody install lift kit and following items were only few hunderd $ : front springs, front controlarms, shock absorbers and front trackbar. Also the rear springs were also available, but shipping were too much for me. I also used the 2008 front controlarm bushing to make my own longer control arms (I have 3 inch lift)

I bought BD kit from XDP $385 free shipping. Installation was easy til you get to the upper frame mount bracket, it is a pain in the a#$. I heard about The 2003 upgrade later, I heard you can buy directly from dealer as a complete package, read it on CF (Cummins forum) I'm sure you could find more info their or maybe some one here knows more than I do. I would not put the stock unit back in it tends to not last very long. I tend to think that having bushings on both ends of the bar will help longevity. Lots of info, Lots of choices. Good luck

I bought BD kit from XDP $385 free shipping. Installation was easy til you get to the upper frame mount bracket, it is a pain in the a#$. I heard about The 2003 upgrade later, I heard you can buy directly from dealer as a complete package, read it on CF (Cummins forum) I'm sure you could find more info their or maybe some one here knows more than I do. I would not put the stock unit back in it tends to not last very long. I tend to think that having bushings on both ends of the bar will help longevity. Lots of info, Lots of choices. Good luck

Mark, I was looking at your truck info, what was the 5,000+ 47RE ?? Did you go with the full boogie trans upgrade?

In all honesty my father killed it. He got it done at a shop I have used b-4, he was on the road with a 15,000lb 5th wheel in tow. I do know they replaced everything input, pump, valve body, and a $1000 converter. Don't know brands used but I was assured I wouldn't be able to break it. It has about 45,000 miles since it was done. That was the last trip he went on b-4 I got the truck. I thought it was a little much but I didn't have to write the check. All things considered the first trans went 115,000 miles without a problem (it towed its whole life). It must have been built on a wednesday :lol:.